• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christmas parties

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
party on the 4th in a scabby pub in chard. i wont be there, ill be at the tranmere game. i wont be rushing back to attend either. spending an evening with a bunch of people i dont like aint my idea of a good night out. i would rather stick pins in my eyes
Which scabby pub in Chard would that be, there's a few of them!

As I said on the previous thread, if there is one at my work I won't be going, would have to drive and don't fancy a night sober with some of them, including my boss, can think of more interesting things to do, thanks.

Ex-Mascot

Our party's the night before the Argyle game - god help me...

Daughter of I_M

Mine is on the 11th December. Yes, my Argyle supporting boss organised it for that date. I'm pretty sure it's so I don't go. And it's at an all you can eat chinese. How Christmassy.....

I'm not going.

And it's at an all you can eat chinese. How Christmassy.....

I'm not going.
Is it that the one at the bottom of South Street that got done by environmental health?

No christmas party for me this year, I made a bit of a fool of myself last year and my boss told me a few weeks back that it's probably best if I don't attend this time.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which scabby pub in Chard would that be, there's a few of them!

As I said on the previous thread, if there is one at my work I won't be going, would have to drive and don't fancy a night sober with some of them, including my boss, can think of more interesting things to do, thanks.
bell and crown. I have never been in there, nor do i have any desire to go there either

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
I don't work anymore so don't have a works Christmas party:'( Still, life's just one big party now!!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
bell and crown. I have never been in there, nor do i have any desire to go there either
Went there for my friends Wedding Reception and been there a couple of times when they've had cider festivals. Not somewhere I would choose for a christmas party tho. You'd be right to stay away.

Jean Jeannie

Well I'm guilty of organising this one again. It'll just be a lunchtime do within the Uni - hopefully a chance for all the staff within our new College to have a social. Had plenty of responses from support staff but very few academic staff - they must be so busy :cool:. With various people not being able to make specific dates, I've arranged it on a date which I am actually on leave but will still go (that's commitment ;) ). I expect after the event I will go home and do some washing and ironing etc....

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have the option of 4 Christmas parties so far. One with my old employees, which I think I will avoid and make a polite excuse not to attend. Mrs International's Christmas party is usually a grand affair somewhere in London, black tie, free drinks etc. A supplier has invited a few of us to the Dorchester Hotel for a shindig. Then finally there is my work Christmas party, in a bar near Charing Cross, free drinks and a finger buffet.

Daughter of I_M

Is it that the one at the bottom of South Street that got done by environmental health?

No christmas party for me this year, I made a bit of a fool of myself last year and my boss told me a few weeks back that it's probably best if I don't attend this time.
That's the one. I guess no one goes there anymore after them being in the paper so my boss thought there was a good chance they'll have availability!!!