• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Jones

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Besides the two penalties you mean?!
Sorry, but even after being in the way of those two rubbish penalties can't disguise the fact that Jonesy was crap yesterday.

Last edited:

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jonesy's confidence is already shot after yesterday
Another one of these urban myths that Exeweb assumes. You know this how? Have you spoken to him?

I am not on here to defend or criticise yesterday, I am here to point out the flaws in your arguements. Jonah knows there are elements of yesterday's game that he won't want to see again, also that there are things he done right. One thing is for sure, he will work on both of these over between now and when he next plays in goal.

Burvs

When did you see him for him to tell you this?
Having just listened to Tis on the BBC, I am sure that he and his staff are about to re evaluate the team and there might be several changes including the system he plays.

Last edited:

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have just seen the highlights and it was good to see all our defenders doing their job to stop the shot/crosses in the first place.
Something that the Exeweb public seem to have missed AGAIN. We have seen too many crosses come into the box already this season, I would like to see the stats on this compared to last year.

One thing is for sure, we are missing a leader at the back.

Antony Moxey

Havong just listen to Tis on the BBC, I am sure that he and his stasff are about to re evaluate the team and there might be several changes including the system he plays.
Err, and? What's that got to with ecfctis' assertion that Jones' confidence is shot?

Burvs

Err, and? What's that got to with ecfctis' assertion that Jones' confidence is shot?
Nothing really just an observation in general terms

Antony Moxey

Just wondered why you quoted me?

Poultice

Having just listened to Tis on the BBC, I am sure that he and his staff are about to re evaluate the team and there might be several changes including the system he plays.
Wot ?

Seldom have I seen such b*ll*cks, even on here.

He won't change his dumb ass defensive system and even if he had seen the light who is he going to bring in ?

Cheesy has left us short at the back for years, only luck with injuries has saved us in the past, now Matt being out has shown up the inadequacies of his policy.

Add that to the fact that Jonesy has taken a big step backwards and we are fecked.

Three points off the play offs, anybody want to re-evaluate their comments when I tried to tell you that this league is there for the taking ?

milts

Something that the Exeweb public seem to have missed AGAIN. We have seen too many crosses come into the box already this season, I would like to see the stats on this compared to last year.

One thing is for sure, we are missing a leader at the back.
agreed, the defence was rubbish, didnt do their jobs etc etc

but any half decent keeper would have saved their defence and then given them a bollocking for their mistakes, abit like peter schmeichel used to..

jones is not capable of either at the moment. he wasnt helped by his defence, but he is solely at fault for the goals yesterday.

and would any defence have confidence in jones? jones puts them on edge leading to the mistakes some of them make.. hence the troy pen, jones should have shouted 'keepers' and easily collected.

as for the pens, my gran could have saved the first, and he guessed right for the second, big deal.

I wouldn't disagree with that, although a lot round me thought Cureton was inept having missed so many chances.
Some people are never happy!