• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

English Language Class/ Watson should of scored (sic)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
In a last ditch attempt to save the English language and as a genuine (and not intended to be arrogant in any way) attempt to help those who are a bit linguistically challenged, I see it as my duty to post a weekly English language thread, until I get howled out by the punters. Grammar isn't the only aspect of language that is important, but I think we still need it., even though I agree language evolves and changes. If you are inclined to think that grammar is a lot of cr*p and no longer relevant, please disregard
Week 1 :
Recently, and for reasons unbeknown (but probably related to pronunciation), should've / could've seems to have morphed into could of / should of, e.g Watson should of scored instead of the correct Watson should've scored. So, come on boys and girls, let's make an effort to use our language correctly : our culture is at stake !! Week 1 class over. By The 8-| ;)
PS Come on Siddy.. make my day!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ur right m8.

;)
[ecfc]

IndoMike

Ur right m8.

;)
[ecfc]
Tx. Ur rite, 2

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can we have a lesson on your and you're please next week? It also seems to cause so many people so many problems.

Joshyd123

Can we have a lesson on your and you're please next week? It also seems to cause so many people so many problems.
Your joking?

IndoMike

Your joking?
I no your joking, 123 ; you should of bean more diskreet

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I no your joking, 123
Week 3 lesson?

IndoMike

Week 3 lesson?
I don't no yet, Hants : know idea at all

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Surely computer speak is understandable

Tada

IndoMike

Surely computer speak is understandable

Tada
Yes, Lez : I'm not really talking about using different types of language I often use text-speak, for example. I'm just talking about if we use standard English prose, it would be good to use it correctly...I agree some people think that's not important..