• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Could ECFC be sold?

older-codger

It would appear that the board pf Liverpool FC are able to sell the club over the heads and against the wishes of the majority shareholders (and owners) of the club, with the independant Chairman apparently doing the deal.

Not that I think it would happen but does this mean that the board of Exeter City FC could do the same over the heads of the majority shareholders (and owners?), i.e. the Trust? From the Liverpool example it would appear that all it would require is a majority vote by the board.

ecfc01

It would appear that the board pf Liverpool FC are able to sell the club over the heads and against the wishes of the majority shareholders (and owners) of the club, with the independant Chairman apparently doing the deal.

Not that I think it would happen but does this mean that the board of Exeter City FC could do the same over the heads of the majority shareholders (and owners?), i.e. the Trust? From the Liverpool example it would appear that all it would require is a majority vote by the board.
Good one ... Very good one ....

Yes very very good one .....

hmmmm..

I don't know

ralph

I suppose it would go to a vote by members of the trust.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
would it not have to go to a trust vote? can't imagine that trust wouldn't have a big say as it would be pretty stupid to **** off the membership and risk losing £100k? per year in income.

Last edited:

older-codger

I suppose it would go to a vote by members of the trust.
On what basis? That doesn't appear to be the case with Liverpool

ralph

would it not have to go to a trust vote? can't imagine that trust wouldn't have a big say as it would be pretty stupid to **** off the membership and risk losing £100k? per year in income.
Unfortunately, you can't rule out the Trust voting to accept a sale. There are many who say that we need outside investment in order to "progress", despite the lessons of the past here and at many other football clubs.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
absolutely but if we vote to accept it then no one can really argue having had their chance to have a say. It would only be wrong if we were sold without a vote.

Last edited:

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
On what basis? That doesn't appear to be the case with Liverpool
But the case with Liverpool is due to an agreement made with RBS to refinance the debt, rather than "the norm"

ecfc01

No one would want us

ececfecfcok

But isn't the Liverpool situation unusual because Hicks and Gillette promised Broughton, when he was appointed, that they wouldn't frustrate any sale. That's why they're in court, I think, as they are clearly frustrating a sale when they had expressly promised not to (as well as dismissing directors when they feel like it).