• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trouble in town

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suggestions on Twitter there was some 'football-related' trouble in town last night and that someone might have died. Hoping it's rubbish but just wondered whether anyone had heard anything?!

grecianite

I saw this too on Facebook, but cannot believe it to be true. Had something like this happenedit would have been all over here and the news.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Suggestions on Twitter there was some 'football-related' trouble in town last night and that someone might have died. Hoping it's rubbish but just wondered whether anyone had heard anything?!
Hardly a surprise given past experience with Rovers.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw this too on Facebook, but cannot believe it to be true. Had something like this happenedit would have been all over here and the news.
Tend to agree. Done a bit of Googling and can't find anything to substantiate it anywhere.

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Trouble flared throughout the Cowick street area with large groups of Exeter engaging large groups of Rovers

Red the Paper

Banned
Didn't see any trouble but given the numpties that attended yesterday it was bound to kick off. Good to see a steward giving a banning order to a supposed City fan in the Flybe and the said hard man leave the ground. Still amazes me those with banning orders still attend. Amazes me further that said hard man actually could read.

Fight all you want away from the ground but don't bother coming to watch. Your support, if you call it that isn't wanted.

Macca

Now this is only hearsay, but I did hear that a forensic team were near the odeon last night after somebody had died. How and why, or whether it was football related, i don't know.

Nothing in any of the usual newsfeeds...

oldcity

Now this is only hearsay, but I did hear that a forensic team were near the odeon last night after somebody had died. How and why, or whether it was football related, i don't know.

Nothing in any of the usual newsfeeds...
I hope not but I went past scores of Police in that area,

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dont worry - it wont be long before the ConDems remove the police from the streets and then you wont see such things

i_m

Cider Boy

Didn't see any trouble but given the numpties that attended yesterday it was bound to kick off. Good to see a steward giving a banning order to a supposed City fan in the Flybe and the said hard man leave the ground. Still amazes me those with banning orders still attend. Amazes me further that said hard man actually could read.

Fight all you want away from the ground but don't bother coming to watch. Your support, if you call it that isn't wanted.
Yes Neil i can read, and i didn't have a ban until receiving said letter yesterday which says my swearing at opposition players caused offence to fellow city fans around me.
The atmosphere at the park has decreased since the trust took over.