• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No Grecian Anthology

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Having made specific arrangements to collect MikeB's book today. I was tuirned away by the club shop. In on Monday. Hugely, hugely disappointed. Really looking forward to reading this on the train home to Aldershot tonight.

{Insert boohoo crying smiley}

MikeB

I cannot understand that as all the books were dellivered on Friday to the club.

I'll be onto the club and ask them to explain?

Cheggers

Having made specific arrangements to collect MikeB's book today. I was tuirned away by the club shop. In on Monday. Hugely, hugely disappointed. Really looking forward to reading this on the train home to Aldershot tonight.

{Insert boohoo crying smiley}
Hi mate, don't understand. I was in the Club shop at 1315hrs and there were stacks behind the counter, had a good look through and was very impressed. Particularly with the pics at the back!!!:D

MikeB

Hi mate, don't understand. I was in the Club shop at 1315hrs and there were stacks behind the counter, had a good look through and was very impressed. Particularly with the pics at the back!!!:D
Oh dear, is this another club shop c*ck up like the programmes for subscribers!! It really isn't good enough. Very dispiriting.

Cheggers

Oh dear, is this another club shop c*ck up like the programmes for subscribers!! It really isn't good enough. Very dispiriting.
I was surprised to honest on the lack of promotion. Was hoping to get some pics of lucky purchasers. There was a poster in the window. But the only books to be seen were right at the back behind the counter.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have just sent off an email to Gary. Feeling very confused. The shop was quite adamant. The timing was perfect, Trust AGM, a home game and could pick the book up. Thank goodness my excuse for being in Exeter today was the AGM, otherwise I would have been very upset.

I do so hope this is not yet another c*ck up by the club shop. Out of interest how long before we can bring the shop back in house?

MikeB

I was surprised to honest on the lack of promotion. Was hoping to get some pics of lucky purchasers. There was a poster in the window. But the only books to be seen were right at the back behind the counter.
Maybe I should have done the whole package, author, marketing and sales, the whole damn lot!. They won't sell anything like the number they hoped for if the book is not promoted. Very, very disappointed in view of all the work that went into it over the past 12 months.

The whole object of meeting yesterday's completion and delivery target was to really launch the book at the game and Trust AGM today. but obviously it didn't happen. Pathetic.

Last edited:

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Out of interest how long before we can bring the shop back in house?
This is also a question that I would like answered.

I asked many months ago when the deal with SHO runs out, and all I got was the reply "They were the only ones who'd touch us with a bargepole when we got relegated". Yes, I understand that (and they've made some good kits imo), but that wasn't the question. How long till the deal with them runs out and how long till we can bring the shop back in house?

Cheggers

This is also a question that I would like answered.

I asked many months ago when the deal with SHO runs out, and all I got was the reply "They were the only ones who'd touch us with a bargepole when we got relegated". Yes, I understand that (and they've made some good kits imo), but that wasn't the question. How long till the deal with them runs out and how long till we can bring the shop back in house?
Negotiations, taking place now, I am led to believe.
Basic problem with bringing it in house, would be the cost of stocking the shop and that's just for starters.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am not surprised to hear this at all. Thankfully I will be waiting for mine to arrive in the post at some point in the near future, preferably this side of Christmas.