• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bateson back at helm...

B

BTIE

Just been on Westcountry Tv that he is back in charge.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hooray!

I love happy endings. Regular exewebbers know that I am a Bateson fan...

Am I alone?

B

BTIE

No Lammie, I think Bateson over the years has been good for Torquay, I hope that hes learned his lesson from letting in Roberts and hope that The Gulls stay up.

D

dobleman

I am very much a Bateson fan. He has kept his club alive for an eternity, and now in its death throws, he has come back, and if anybody can keep them up. he can, which is an amazing thing to be said of a Chairman of a football club.I wish Torquay

All the luck {you usually get it} and it looks as if maybe you are still in there fghting.

Grecian2K

The "Boys are back in town" then?

Last edited:

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
what the exactly the f*ck is going on down there?

i personally think its slightly sad that they are in deep dodo but every dog has its day and i feel torquays is comming

anybody in a position to tell me exactly who owns the club has roberts got all their money

their situation is even worse than ours was

Last edited:

jmgull

.....phew!

Thank goodness for that, i thought the last 5 months really happened too.....
It must have been a dream, so Bateson's Chairman and nothing at all has changed, we're still in a play off position, the club's in the black and i'm looking forward to going to Plainmoor this saturday to see Mickey Evans and Jamie Ward terrorise Wycombe's defence......

....for a moment there i really believed that the Wicked witch of the west (looked like a smarmy f*cker with ginger hair, kept talking about diving and sea front stadiums???) was really in control of the club, could have sworn along the way i met a lion, somewhat lacking in courage (vice chairman Merv Benney???) and a tin man who wanted a heart (Keith Richardson from the grand???) as well as a scarecrow who only had straw for brains (.....or was he playing the wicked witch???)
...anyway you'll be pleased to know that the old Wizard himself put everything right - he didn't really sell the club to people with no money and only a half arsed idea of untold riches in real estate......for a cut of the profits, it was never his intention to sell it to people he strongly suspected may fail in order to buy the shares back on the cheap........he's only ever done that in his other businesses.

there's no place like home...

Thank heavens it was just a dream, for a moment then i thought we may even be joining you greeks in the conf.

Going up!

LammieLammieLammie

How long in your next home game before the "Mike Batesons Yellownbluearmee" is sung by the 2,100 of you? :p

Nice one mate, pleased for you.

Oldsmobile-88

Thats good news for everyone at Plainmoor,but is it too late?...Anyway lets hope not....

LOG

Thats good news for everyone at Plainmoor,but is it too late?...Anyway lets hope not....
A former player told me that Bateson ran it like a corner shop yet financially they were one of the few clubs at their level that were running in the black

I guess for a club of their size, and without a big backer, to sustain is the best they can hope for.

Looks like he came back too late this season though...

Last edited: