On Saturday the Grecians travel to Southend on Saturday for a League 2 fixture. Kick off is at 3pm. Tickets are available for a discount from Exeter’s reception.
The match day officials are:
Referee: PHILIP GIBBS
Assistant Referees: Alan Dale and David Rock
Fourth Official Robert Whitton
Phil Gibbs is a 48 year old teacher from Birmingham. He started refereeing games in the football league in 2008, his first league game was Shrewsbury beating Macclesfield 4-0 in a league 2 fixture. He’s so far refereed 5 games this season, issuing 12 yellow cards and one red.
He’s been in charge if a few Exeter games over the years, and has sent three City players off in that time. His record his:-
- Exeter 2 -1 Rochdale. 1st April 2013.
- 14th August 2012 League Cup game at home to Crystal Palace, which City lost 2-1.
- The 2011 New Year’s 2-0 defeat at Colchester last season when he sent off Danny Coles.
- The 2-0 home win over Colchester in April 2010, when he didn’t send any City players.
- The 1-0 defeat at Millwall where Barry Corr was sent off.
- The drab 0-0 at home with Grimsby in 2008.
- The highly entertaining 4-3 Boxing Day fixture at home to Torquay United where Danny Seaborne was sent off.
- The 0-0 at Stevenage in April 2007.
- The 4-0 win over Crawley Town in April 2006.
- In August 2005 the game at Farnborough when we lost 2-1.
- In January 2004 he reffed the 1-1 draw at home to Margate.