The Trust are looking for a new Deputy Finance after Nigel Bank, current Trust Finance Officer, has decided to step down after 10 years hard work in the role. He’ll finish in his role after the AGM in October. The Trust are looking to recruit a replacement as soon as possible so that they can work with Nigel over the next 6 months to help with a smooth handover at the end of that period.
Initial time commitment can be flexible but for the Finance Officer it is likely to be on average 5 hours per week and more at busy times. In addition to bookkeeping skills, a current working knowledge of PAYE, Corporation tax and VAT are essential.
If you are interested in applying please send your details and a CV to the Secretary, Nick Hawker, at [email protected] or by post to ECFC Supporters’ Trust, Exeter City FC, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, EX4 6PX.
A full job description will be provided to candidates on application. However the duties will include:
- Maintaining the Society’s accounting records (currently a series of Excel spreadsheets)
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual accounts and cash flow.
- Attending Trust Board meetings, Trust Finance and Governance meetings and Club Finance Board meetings.
- Monthly payroll preparation
- Regular liaison with the Trust Membership Secretary
- Preparing annual returns of PAYE and Corporation tax and submission to HMRC
- Maintaining VAT records for the Society to monitor compliance with VAT regulations
- Liaison with all interested parties including Lloyds Bank, the Club Finance Department, the Society’s auditor and the Society’s insurers.
*It is probable that suitable applicants will be invited to an interview.