The Things You Need to Know – Kingsmeadow
- AFC Wimbledon. Kingsmeadow, 422A Kingston Road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 3PB
- Stadium size: 4,800 prior to the new stand. Ground also knows as the Cherry Red Records Stadium.
- What is the stadium like: Originally belonged to Kingstonian. Small and compact. Mix of standing terraces and seating. A new Kingston Road End stand is in process of being built.
- POTG or ticket entry. Pay on the Gate. Terracing – Adult £16, Concession £10, Under-16s £4. Seated – Adult £20, Concession £13, Under-16s £9.
- Ticket information can be found on the official site – Here.
- Bar inside the ground? No
- what is the away end like? About 700 standing places, 2 blocks of the new Kingston Road End stand will be available for away fans to sit (90 seats).
- arrangements for disabled supporters. 4 spaces in with away supporters. Check for information here.
- Sat Nav post code: KT1 3PB. Directions from St James Park to Kingsmeadow here.
- Mileage: 195 miles each way, fuel costs in the region of £76.00. Likely travel time 3 hours 40 minutes each way. Parking is available at the stadium, on a first come first served basis. Parking is also available in the surrounding street, which is a residential area.
if travelling by train you can disembark from Norbiton station. This is approximately a 15 minute (but easy) walk from the ground.
Train from Exeter St Davids. A return at £66.10 (you may need to do a couple of singles, e.g.tickets to Woking). Departing Exeter St Davids at 09.26 arriving in Norbiton at 13.07 via Clapham Junction . Returning at 17.36, arriving home at 21.36 via Waterloo and Paddington.
more information on travel can be found here – Ground Guide.
- Tourist Information Board website: Kingston -upon-Thames.
Any decent pubs? Either your favourite pubs around Paddington or Waterloo. Otherwise:
There are 2 large bars under the Paul Strank Stand, which have a real ale.
There are 2 on Kinston Road, between New Malden and the ground. The Duke of Wellington and the Prince of Wales. For a Wetherspoons, try the Kings Tun on Clarence Street, get off at Kingston, and after leaving the pub catch the 131 bus, or its about a 20 minute walk. The Willoughby Arms also comes recommended.