- Torquay United Football Club, Plainmoor, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 3PS
- Stadium size: 6,500 of which 2,950 is seated.
- What is the stadium like: Not bad. One long side of the pitch is standing for home supporters. Brand new grandstand, covered away terrace.
- POTG or ticket entry. Pay on the Gate. Admission for Friday’s friendly game (31 July 2015)has been set at £10 for adults, £5 for 12-18-year-olds, while Under-12s can get in for free.
- Ticket information can be found on the official site – Here.
- Bar inside the ground? Not for away fans.
- what is the away end like? Up to 1450 spaces available for away supporters. Covered standing area for away fans behind the goal allows for a good atmosphere. Seated to the left in Bristow’s Bench.
- arrangements for disabled supporters. 9 spaces available on an elevated platform in Bristow’s Bench. Check for information here.
- Sat Nav post code: TQ1 3PS . Directions from St James Park to Plainmoor here.
- Mileage: 41 miles each way , fuel costs in the region of £11. Likely travel time 45 minutes there, 70 minutes home if a large away crowd.
more information on travel can be found here – Ground Guide.
- Tourist Information Board website: The English Riviera.
Any decent pubs?
For a Wetherspoon, the Imperial in Exeter, near St Davids is probably the best bet.
The Dog and Duck in Babbacombe is welcoming to away fans, but is a poor pub if you want a decent ale.