- Bury Football Club, Gigg Lane, Bury, Lancs, BL9 9HR
– Stadium size: 11,640
- What is the stadium like: Rebuilt in the 1990s. Quite dull, nothing of merit to recommend it.
- POTG or ticket entry. Pay on the gate, cash only. Adults: £15, Young Person 16-21 £10. Concessions (Over 65’s, U16s, disabled and unemployed) £10.
- Ticket information can be found on the official site – Here.
- Bar inside the ground? No.
- what is the away end like? Away fans are seated behind the goal in the Manchester Road End (West Stand) that has seating for 2800.
- arrangements for disabled supporters. Room for 6 supporters and their helpers. Check for information here.
– Sat Nav post code: BL9 9HR. Directions from St James Park to the Gigg Lane here.
– Mileage: 251 miles each way (of which 226 miles is motorway), fuel costs in the region of £100. Likely travel time 4 hours each way.
- if travelling by train you will need to go to Manchester Piccadilly station. From there catch a tram to Bury a 30 minute journey, and which will be a £3.90 return fare and a 15 minute walk to the ground.
- Train from Exeter St Davids. 2 singles at £50.50 out and £50.50 back, total £101.00. Departing Exeter St Davids at 07.45 arriving in Manchester Piccadilly at 11.59. Returning from Manchester at 18.27 arriving home at 22.43.
more information on travel can be found here – Ground Guide.
- Tourist Information Board website: VisitBury.
Any decent pubs?
For a Wetherspoon, try The Manchester County, which is close to Piccadilly railway station.
Near the ground we’ve always been treated well at the Rose and Crown on Manchester Old Road, and had an excellent stew last time.
There is the Bury FC Social Club that admits home and away supporters. Non members will be charged £1 admission.