The Things You Need to Know – New York Stadium
– Rotherham United Football Club. The New York Stadium, New York Way, Rotherham, S60 1AH.
– Stadium size: 12,000 all seated
– What is the stadium like: Brand new, in town. If you’re wondering about the name, read up here.
– POTG or ticket entry. Entry by ticket. Morrison Stand (south): Adults: £20, Concessions £12, Juniors (8-15) £7. Discounts for purchasing in advance
– Ticket information can be found on the official site (nearer the time) – Here.
– Bar inside the ground? Yes.
– what is the away end like? Seated in the Morrisons South Stand. Stadium in use for the first time this season, so what its like, we don’t know. As a new ground, its going to be a must visit.
– arrangements for disabled supporters. 120 spaces in total. spaces available in with the away fans. Check for information here – this site hasn’t yet been updated with details of the new stadium.
– Sat Nav post code: S60 1QY. Directions from St James Park to the The New York Stadium here.
– Mileage: 247 miles each way, fuel costs in the region of £92. Likely travel time 4 hours 10 minutes each way.
– if travelling by train you will need to go to Rotherham Central station, which is about a 5 minute walk from the ground.
– Train from Exeter St Davids. 2 singles at £33.50 each, total £67.00. Departing Exeter St Davids at 08.23 arriving in Rotherham Central at 12.37, via Sheffield. Returning from Rotherham Central at 17.27 arriving home at 21.42 via Sheffield.
– more information on travel can be found here – Ground Guide.
– Tourist Information Board website: VisitSheffield.
Any decent pubs? One of the adavantages of an in town ground, is there is no shortage of drinking holes!
For a Wetherspoons try The Corn Law Rhymer. 5 minutes from the station and 5 minutes from the ground. Or The Bluecoat which is 10 minutes from the station and 5 from the ground, or The Rhinoceros which is quite close to the station.
Thanks to James Brailsford (photographer for Rotherham United) for supplying the photos for this article.