– Rotherham United Football Club. The New York Stadium, New York Way, Rotherham, S60 1AH.
– Stadium size: 12,000 all seated
– What is the stadium like: Brand new, in town. If you’re wondering about the name, read up here.
– POTG or ticket entry. Entry by ticket. Morrison Stand (south): Adults: £20, Concessions £12, Juniors (8-15) £7. Discounts for purchasing in advance
– Ticket information can be found on the official site (nearer the time) – Here.
– Bar inside the ground? Yes.
– what is the away end like? Seated in the Morrisons South Stand. Stadium in use for the first time this season, so what its like, we don’t know. As a new ground, its going to be a must visit.
– arrangements for disabled supporters. 120 spaces in total. spaces available in with the away fans. Check for information here – this site hasn’t yet been updated with details of the new stadium.
– Sat Nav post code: S60 1QY. Directions from St James Park to the The New York Stadium here.
– Mileage: 247 miles each way, fuel costs in the region of £92. Likely travel time 4 hours 10 minutes each way.
– if travelling by train you will need to go to Rotherham Central station, which is about a 5 minute walk from the ground.
– Train from Exeter St Davids. 2 singles at £33.50 each, total £67.00. Departing Exeter St Davids at 08.23 arriving in Rotherham Central at 12.37, via Sheffield. Returning from Rotherham Central at 17.27 arriving home at 21.42 via Sheffield.
Any decent pubs? One of the adavantages of an in town ground, is there is no shortage of drinking holes!
For a Wetherspoons try The Corn Law Rhymer. 5 minutes from the station and 5 minutes from the ground. Or The Bluecoat which is 10 minutes from the station and 5 from the ground, or The Rhinoceros which is quite close to the station.
Thanks to James Brailsford (photographer for Rotherham United) for supplying the photos for this article.