- Roots Hall Stadium: Victoria Avenue, Prittlewell, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 6NQ.
- Stadium size: 12,392.
– What is the stadium like: Compact stadium, all seated. A mix of the 50s and the 90s.
- POTG or ticket entry. Pay on the gate. Adults £21, Senior Citizens £15, Under 21’s/Students £14, Under 16’s £10, Under 8’s £5. Discounts are available for purchasing in advance.
- Ticket information can be found on the official site (nearer the time) – Here.
- Bar inside the ground? No
- what is the away end like? Seated area under cover, with pillars restricting views. Stewards are jobsworths.
- arrangements for disabled supporters. 4 spaces in the away end at pitchside. Check for information here.
- Sat Nav post code: SS2 6NQ. Directions from St James Park to the Roots Hall here.
- Mileage: 251 miles each way, fuel costs in the region of £94.00. Likely travel time 4 hours 35 minutes each way.
if travelling by train you can disembark from Prittlewell station (on the line out of Liverpool Street). This is about 5 minutes from the ground.
Train from Exeter St Davids. A return is currently priced at £89.50. Departing Exeter St Davids at 06.41 arriving in Prittlewell at 11.50 via Paddington and Liverpool Street. Returning at 17.52 arriving home at 21.39 via Liverpool Street and Paddington.
more information on travel can be found here – Ground Guide.
- Tourist Information Board website: VisitSouthend.
Any decent pubs?
For a Wetherspoons in Southend, then take the train on to Southend Central and try the Last Post.
Right by Prittlewell station is the Railway Tavern. This suited us fine on one of our visits.