– The 1866 Sheffield Road, Whittington Moor, Chesterfield , S41 8NZ
– Stadium size: 10,400.
– What is the stadium like: Brand new stadium, opened last season. All seater, reasonably central location.
– POTG or ticket entry. Ticket entry. Seating only. Adult £18, Concession £12, Juvenile £8. Cash only at the ticket office.
– Ticket information can be found on the official site – Here.
– Bar inside the ground? Yes
– what is the away end like? All seated, good amount of seats. Sensible stewarding (standing at the back).
– arrangements for disabled supporters. 8 spaces on a raised platform in with the away fans. Check for information here.
– Sat Nav post code: S41 8LF. Directions from St James Park to the Proact Stadium here.
– Mileage: 234 miles each way, fuel costs in the region of £90.00. Likely travel time 4 hours each way. Parking at the stadium is for permit holders. Plenty of public car parks back towards the town centre.
– if travelling by train you can disembark from Chesterfield station. This is approximately a 30 minute (but easy) walk from the ground.
– Train from Exeter St Davids. 2 singles at £59.80 each, total £119.60. Departing Exeter St Davids at 08.23 arriving in Chesterfield at 12.02 (no changes!). Returning at 18.10, arriving home at 21.43.
The Sun Inn. In the market square, good selection of real ales.
For a Wetherspoons check out the The Portland Hotel. A short walk in to the town centre from the station, and about 25 minutes from the ground.
Near the ground is The Donkey Derby, predominantly for home fans, it does do food.
The Derby Tup is near the away end and situated on Sheffield Road. Popular and so can be crowded.
After the game a few pints in the Chesterfield Arms is recommended.