– The Pirelli Stadium, Princess Way, Burton on Trent. DE13 0AR
– Stadium size: 6,912
– What is the stadium like: Newish stadium (opened in 2005), it has 3 sides standing, and one stand for seating.
– POTG or ticket entry.Pay on the Gate. Seating: Adults £18, Over 65’s & Students (17-22) £16, Under 16’s £8. Terrace: Adults £13, Over 65’s & Students (17-22) £15, Under 16’s £5
– Ticket information can be found on the official site (nearer the time) – Here.
– Bar inside the ground? Yes
– what is the away end like? Standing in a shallow terrace behind the goal. Under cover.
– arrangements for disabled supporters. 16 spaces in with the away fans. Check for information here.
– Sat Nav post code: DE13 0BH. Directions from St James Park to the Pirelli Stadium here.
– Mileage: 198 miles each way, fuel costs in the region of £74.92. Likely travel time 3 hours 6 minutes each way. Car parking available at the station.
– if travelling by train you can disembark from Burton-on-Trent station. This is approximately a 30 minute (but easy) walk from the ground.
– Train from Exeter St Davids. 1 day return £90.00. For a Tuesday night match, there are no trains back to Exeter from Burton, so Grecian Travel seems to be the best option.
Any decent pubs? 4 to consider.
The Devonshire Arms is close to the station and serves some good beers and good food.
The Derby Inn – quaint pub near the ground.
The Alfred – nearer the station. Good for food.
For a Wetherspoons check out the The Lord Burton. A short walk from the station, and about 35 minutes from the ground.