The things you need to know – St James Park, Exeter
Your ground guide to Exeter City’s St James Park.
- Stadium size? 8830
- What is the stadium like? 2 sides modernised, with the largest standing terrace in the league for the home supporters. Called the Big Bank.
- POTG or ticket entry? Normally pay on the gate, but check your own Club’s website for information.
- Bar inside the ground? No.
- what is the away end like? Basic! An away capacity of 1210, 900 standing, the rest seated in the end of the old grandstand. The standing terrace is open to the elements, and difficult to create an atmosphere. If away support is small, then the terrace will be unavailable, or a small area in the corner set aside. The toilets are primitive, and would be in the top 3 of the worse in League 2. The seated area is in the family stand, the stewards therefore may clamp down on swearing.
- arrangements for disabled supporters? See here.
- Entry cost. £19 (£16 if bought in advance) for an adult to stand. £25 (£21 if bought in advance) to sit.
- Sat Nav post code. EX4 6PX.
- Parking. You could use the Park and Ride, details here. Best earby car parks are probably The Triangle or King William Street. Info here. Not cheap!
- if travelling by train you have a choice of 3 stations. St Davids, which is about 25 minute walk. Exeter Central which is a 10 minute walk. Or use the small station by the stadium, St James Park.
- more information on travel can be found here – http://www.footballgroundguide.com/exeter_city/index.htm
- Tourist Information Website: http://www.exeter.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=9784
Any decent pubs?
- The Wetherspoons near St Davids, The Imperial.
- The Wells Tavern (formerly The Brook Green Tavern), 31 Well St Exeter Devon EX4 6QL. Close to the away end. Closed as of 18 November 2014.
- The Victoria Inn, is popular, but also popular with the students.
- The Duke of York on Sidwell Street is good for banter.
- St James Centre & Red Square. Behind the Doble stand, access off St James Road. The Club’s home social club welcomes friendly supporters.