• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Charlie hiding away in Scotland. But woe-betide anyone wanting to leave London for the safer environments of the south-west.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Charlie hiding away in Scotland. But woe-betide anyone wanting to leave London for the safer environments of the south-west.
He still has to follow orders, Hants. I've explained in a recent post when my mate who was RN artificer went on a night out with Charles (then a serving officer) and some ratings, his detective bodyguard very sternly warned them not to even attempt to buy him a drink.

Also. My daughter and her husband met Prince Harry at a televised darts tournament at the Ally Pally. She had a limited conversation with him but when she asked for a 'selfie' he told her he wasn't allowed to do it. Even on a night out he's still under orders.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
I doubt that Charlie will be stretching capacity of the local supermarket and ICU.

Alistair20000

I doubt that Charlie will be stretching capacity of the local supermarket and ICU.
Wonder how his footman was able to keep 2 metres away to brush the royal personage’s teeth ?

Colesman Ballz

Wonder how his footman was able to keep 2 metres away to brush the royal personage’s teeth ?
Doubtless they are equipped with full PPE suits, diverted from the local NHS Hospital Trust by "Royal Command".

Alistair20000

Doubtless they are equipped with full PPE suits, diverted from the local NHS Hospital Trust by "Royal Command".
I was waiting for someone to spot that Wilson.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am surprised we haven't heard from HM yet. Times of crisis usually bring out a Royal broadcast, but nothing yet. The majority, I accept not all, would listen. I understand a TV broadcast might be difficult as they won't want too many people around a 93 year old, but a radio broadcast must be quite easy to set up.

Set the equipment up ,wipe it all down, tell HM to press the red button and speak.
Proof, if it were needed, that HMQ reads Exeweb...

Royal address to the nation on Sunday

DB9

Proof, if it were needed, that HMQ reads Exeweb...

Royal address to the nation on Sunday
I know she reads these boards, When I met her she told me "One hates F**k**g Argyle!"

Red Devon

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I think the Queen made a very good speech yesterday in addressing the nation and was very dignified in thanking NHS workers during this time.