• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think there's a song in there Mike somewhere
There certainly is.

Grecian2K

Think there's a song in there Mike somewhere
And they're apparently having to hand all the public dosh handed out for Spendmore House. Literally a case of "after the goldrush"?

Alistair20000

There certainly is.
I have started to write it based on this. Our old pal Greyhound is part of the scene too.

Apologies for the feckin' ads :mad:

Alistair20000

My royal sauces advise that this menu is no longer offered to Harry and Meghan. :(

Kir Royale
---
Brown Windsor Soup
---
Crown of Turkey with Jersey Royals
----
Red Windsor Cheese
----
Queen of Puddings

manc grecian

Steak Diana from now on

IndoMike

I wanted to see how much, if at all, racism has played in Harry's decision to up sticks
and have done a little bit of research through the newspapers.
The Sun justifies criticism of the couple but denies racism has played a part
The Sun:
"Several pieces have cited a single phrase in a Sarah Vine column for the Mail — she said she had a “niggling worry” about the royal couple’s engagement photo — as a bigoted dog whistle. That is, quite frankly, mental.
Such is the lack of actual examples of the Press being racist about Meghan".

The aforementioned photo is simply an intimate and affectionate pose. I'd say a nice photo. So why would Sarah Vine say she has a niggling worry about the photo?
And the Sun completely dismisses Vine's comment and say it is not an example of racism. So what it is?

IndoMike

A previous article -also in the Mail.. ..
Rachel Johnson in the Mail on Sunday said the match meant “the Windsors will thicken their watery, thin blue blood and Spencer pale skin and ginger hair with some rich and exotic DNA”.

Alistair20000

A previous article -also in the Mail.. ..
Rachel Johnson in the Mail on Sunday said the match meant “the Windsors will thicken their watery, thin blue blood and Spencer pale skin and ginger hair with some rich and exotic DNA”.
The proof (or not) of that particular pudding will lie with young Archie and any more Sussex kids.

Last edited:

tavyred

Apparently the only overt bit of racism in the media toward ‘Me-again’ was the wholly misjudged ‘chimp tweet’ by Danny Baker which he posted at the birth of Archie last year. It was removed after seven minutes and resulted in his sacking by the BBC.

Reactions: DB9

IndoMike

The proof (or not) of that particular pudding will lie with young Archie and any more Sussex kids.
Sorry to be always disagreeing with you, Ali, but isn't the point that the genetics of the couple are totally irrelevant? Both quotes are from the Mail. The Mail is gutter press., of course, so I shouldn't be surprised.
And I hear that today they have dedicated 16 pages to H & M. Doubtless they're trying to weasel their way out of any responsibility.
I still think H&M are making a mistake by doing this but considering the Diana scenario and the constant speculation that Harry was not Charles' son but the son of that army bloke then I can understand why a sensitive soul like Harry would want out.