• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Would you rather... trophy or cup run

JayPob94

Losing last nights fixture made me wonder...

Would our club rather a decent FA Cup run, or win the leasing.com (JPT) trophy?

Financially I assume the FA cup provides more income, but the opportunity for us to win a trophy I feel is maybe realistic this year. Be interesting to know what MT feels too.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Missing out on £56k last night makes the Ipswich game(£40k) to the winners,a bit more important.

Legohead

Banned
Cup run. Winning the leasing.com trophy means absolutely nothing to me as a fan. Reaching say the 5th round of the FA Cup does.

As regards what the club would prefer in terms of money, that's up to them.

i8cornwall

Rather get promoted if I'm honest but if I had to chose it be the FA cup for me, the other trophy is joke a no amount of money will change my mind.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Promotion everytime, we are using the Leasing.com trophy to exercise the youngsters with a mix of seniors, whether this continues to be seen but from reading Lambert's comments that is the way a lot of clubs seem to be viewing the trophy. 40k would be nice but we can do without the distractions that runs alongside a cup run if we want to achieve autos - look at last night's crocked/susepended list.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd rather we didn't win the leasing.com trophy and focused on the league. The competition holds no prestige whatsoever and I couldn't give a rats arse who wins it. Staying in that competition could quite easily derail our promotion hopes, which with how tight the division looks this season, could happen very quickly if we take our eye off the ball for the turkeys.com trophy.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Cup run, for sure, but I'd like us to do well in every competition we enter.

Legohead

Banned
I thought the thread was about either a cup run or winning the leasing.com trophy. Not promotion? Confused. Obviously i'd take promotion over a good cup run AND winning the leasing.com trophy combined.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cup run is the obvious answer as bigger crowds prize money and more attention. But ultimate goal has to be promotion through the autos and either could distract from this goal.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
This season I'd rather win the leasing thing but next year can we have a cup run please.

Thought differently yesterday mind.