• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Worst Ever Performance

Leads

Not the worst ever, but one that sticks in the mind is a 1-1 draw against Droylsden, April 2007 I think? Some seriously negative vibes on the Big Bank that night.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I seem to remember I was always lifted over the turnstile in the mid 1960s at home games. We sat in the OG.
Me too although in my case it was the late 1940s.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I guess Coventry in the Playoff Final has already been mentioned. That one

exeter150

11 October 1968, Southend 6 Exeter 1.
Banks, 9935.

Shortly after I arrived in Exeter !

Red Bill

It doesn't come any worse than the second half tonight!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Chesterfield thrashing at home was dire, but in an otherwise excellent seaso.

I remember losing 0-3 at home to Swansea on Boxing Day back in 2001. We were utterly cack against a mediocre Swans side and it properly ruined my Xmas that year.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
This one crops up now and again....watching City in the mid 90’s
Saw us watch ***** pretty much every weekend....

Leyton orient at home 0-0
Under Noel Blake was genuinely worse than watching the dog and duck on a Sunday morning.....Noel Blake’s football was absolutely appalling to watch with the long ball to Flack being his only tactic

In recent times I remember we got walloped by Oxford at home think it was tisdales 500th game or Something I can’t remember we was dreadful mind....

iscalad

Pretty much every match under Gerry Francis. A whole seasons worth.

elginCity

.....Noel Blake’s football was absolutely appalling to watch with the long ball to Flack being his only tactic........
Ah, the legendary Flacky flick-on, that never, ever, found another City player. :ROFLMAO:

Avening Posse

Pretty much every match under Gerry Francis. A whole seasons worth.
Ha !, I seem to recall headlines in the echo with Gerry saying we were going to win the league and get promoted to the top flight eventually, just before the opening game........which from memory we duly lost 1-0 at home to Walsall :rolleyes: