• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Worst Ever Performance

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep,remember that,though it was 1983..Went to Orient a week later & there was a improvement we only lost 5-1..:D Shipped some goals that season(100+) thought scored loads too(80+)
Ahem. I would perhaps refer the honourable members to post 5?? :p

Oldsmobile-88

Ahem. I would perhaps refer the honourable members to post 5?? :p
I did not see that post :D..Good to see both our memory banks are still in working order( don’t ask me about any games last season though:D)

Grecian2K

Good to see both our memory banks are still in working order( don’t ask me about any games last season though:D)
Thanks for that mate....although I fear my memory bank tends to be running on an overdraft nowadays!

Red Devon

Thanks for that mate....although I fear my memory bank tends to be running on an overdraft nowadays!
I didn’t see it either...lucky I have a good memory 😀

Last edited:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about Crawley last season. Not our worst performance perhaps but possibly cost us the play off place we had been holding onto all season. Went into the match having just beaten Port Vale. Crawley going nowhere pretty fast looked a comfortable three points guaranteed, but we just didn't turn up and so from playoff hopefuls to also rans in one move

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Warrington in the fa cup. I was in the area at the time but thankfully didn't go to the game. Watching it on tv was bad enough. But they were entitled to beat us. Apparently.

Oldsmobile-88

Warrington in the fa cup. I was in the area at the time but thankfully didn't go to the game. Watching it on tv was bad enough. But they were entitled to beat us. Apparently.
I remember getting to the ground at 4.30pm,taking one look at the pitch(it was in doubt because of the rain) & saying if we go a a goal down we have had it.

The defeat at Bognor was worse,a inept display even by Grecian standards of the time & a fractious atmosphere amongst Grecian followers off the pitch.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One in particular sticks in the mind. League 1 v Brighton at the Withdean, Feb 2010. An awful performance on a bitterly cold day, not been so angry with a City team before or since, they just gave up. 22nd in the table.

I wonder if Matt Taylor remembers it, he had a shocker, one of many on the day !
I seem to remember City supporters singing "We own our football club", for which the Brighton supporters responded with "Ask for your money back"!

Grecian2K

I seem to remember City supporters singing "We own our football club", for which the Brighton supporters responded with "Ask for your money back"!
Yes. I remember that one too. Must confess, it brought a wry smile on that otherwise grim day. Only consolation was that, from behind one goal the other end seemed further away than France!!

dontpassback

Warrington game for me,a complete example of tisdale paying too much respect to the opposition and also having to listen to that scouser who is now manager of oxford,who was on tv just because his brother was the Warrington manager,if ever Tisdale sent a team out to lose,then it was that evening,total embarrassment !