• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's World Cup

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I really don't see the point in a 3rd/4th place play-off.
Even when one of the players is called Bronze?

Swanaldo

One big question from me: when a player is being closed down, do they still shout "Man On!"?

"Woman On!" would take longer and "Girl On!" sounds contrived.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing the Germans shout "Achtung!".

Last edited:

PeteUSA

I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage and watched pretty nigh every match. The US were streets ahead of the nearest team in general ability and rightfully won the tournament. That said, I am f*****g sick of the demands for equal pay that some of those girls are making, just because they're world champions. I dont see how they can expect equal pay to the men - theres no comparison. Where do they think the moneys coming from? Unlike mens soccer of the Phoenix Rising variety - when alls said and done, the US womans teams are not very well supported at their home games. I dont know where they think the money is coming from with interest level so low. Yes perhaps they should have got the sort of pay the men get for winning the final, but after that theres just no interest.

Red Devon

Phil Neville now being linked with the USA job

Dannyred

Phil Neville now being linked with the USA job
[/QUOTE Casey Stoney would be an ideal England manager.