• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's World Cup

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't bleddy watch tonight. It's on at 2 a.m here and it'll screw up my day. Stuff to do tomorrow.
Anyway, COYL.

Alistair20000

Mildly amusing that Phil Neville referred to “us going a man down.” :)

StroudGrecian

Well that was a triffic game of football, great to watch, shame about the penalty miss but the better team won.

Hope England win the 3rd place on Saturday.

IndoMike

Just woken up to read the news that England lost. I think the sheer professionalism of the USA team is what did for us. Their strength and determination to win are admirable. although
the taking the ball into the corner is frustrating - a dark art which I would like to see eradicated from all football as unsporting.
Overall our team did well in this competition and no complaints. One day we will win a World Cup again, but don't know where don't know when

Avening Posse

Great game. Good goals, pretty tense, missed pen, VAR controversy for an England disallowed goal, bags of passion and skill. I saw Gill Scott (if memory serves) against Cameroon at the London Olympics and she was great then too

PeteUSA

Great game. Good goals, pretty tense, missed pen, VAR controversy for an England disallowed goal, bags of passion and skill. I saw Gill Scott (if memory serves) against Cameroon at the London Olympics and she was great then too
When I saw the replay of that though ball being played through for our goal, I thought: thats offside, if the offsides given in this tournament are anything to go by. Sure enough, I knew that VAR would rule it out, and it did. You cant condone the penalty miss though, and it was a penalty. Pathetic strike.

Antony Moxey

Why on earth did they give the centre half the penalty when they had the regular penalty taker, allegedly the world’s best player and the tournament’s top scorer on the pitch? You wouldn’t give Phil Jones the penalty if Rashford, Kane and Sterling were playing.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought we were really poor at times last night, our passing was generally woeful.

IndoMike

Why on earth did they give the centre half the penalty when they had the regular penalty taker, allegedly the world’s best player and the tournament’s top scorer on the pitch? You wouldn’t give Phil Jones the penalty if Rashford, Kane and Sterling were playing.
She allegedly doesn't want to take penalties, hence Nikita Paris has taken (and missed) two pens and now the captain has taken one. She seems quite a confident striker of the ball so it's surprising, plus a goal last night might have allowed her to win the Golden Boot.

Stelios

Beaten by the better side.

Alex Morgan is a lovely player to watch. She's not bad at football either (wahey!)