• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's Euro 2022

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will be held in July 2021 in England. Disappointingly, no stadiums in the south-west have been chosen.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will be held in July 2021 in England. Disappointingly, no stadiums in the south-west have been chosen.

Surely this can't be right ? The last time England hosted the finals they set a new record attendance of 29k for the opening match in Manchester, and they have picked the Manchester City Academy Stadium with a capacity of under 5k ???? Bonkers if it is true !

StroudGrecian

If that is right then it is a truly bizarre choice of stadia. MCFC academy way too small; Wembley too big; and why both Sheffield and Rotherham when there are no venues in the NE or the SW?

Think they'd be better choosing the Etihad/Old Trafford, Stadium of Light and Ashton Gate (instead of New York).

Dannyred

Surely this can't be right ? The last time England hosted the finals they set a new record attendance of 29k for the opening match in Manchester, and they have picked the Manchester City Academy Stadium with a capacity of under 5k ???? Bonkers if it is true !
I think you will find it’s 7000 capacity which is still to small, surprised they didn’t go for Man Utd’s Women’s stadium instead which is bigger and alot better.

As for the SW it’s a shame as it would of been good to have games in Bristol at Ashton gate.

It could change by then as UEFA & the FA have had a large number of complaints about the selection of stadiums.

StroudGrecian

I think you will find it’s 7000 capacity which is still to small, surprised they didn’t go for Man Utd’s Women’s stadium instead which is bigger and alot better.

As for the SW it’s a shame as it would of been good to have games in Bristol at Ashton gate.

It could change by then as UEFA & the FA have had a large number of complaints about the selection of stadiums.
Leigh Sports Village (where Man U Women are based) has now replaced Forest's City Ground as a Euro 2021 venue - apparently the later is due for redevelopment. Makes you wonder why that wasn't known about when the initial list was published.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I had wondered whether the grounds bidded to be a venue much in the way that cricket grounds do for test matches.

Grecian2K

Has building of the "Brentford Community Stadium" even begun yet?
And as for the two selections in the Greater Manchester area - a minor sports centre and a training ground... don't even get me started on that one.
For once I actually find myself slightly siding with Dannyboy here. For an INTERNATIONAL tournament surely they should have allocated PROPER grounds? (Even SJP???)

Colesman Ballz

Has building of the "Brentford Community Stadium" even begun yet?
And as for the two selections in the Greater Manchester area - a minor sports centre and a training ground... don't even get me started on that one.
For once I actually find myself slightly siding with Dannyboy here. For an INTERNATIONAL tournament surely they should have allocated PROPER grounds? (Even SJP???) a
Yes Brentford's new stadium is coming on apace, I drive pass it about once a month. It is shoe horned into a very restricted site. which results in it being a distinctive, if somewhat unusual, non symmetrical and quirky design, which none the less is very appealing. With it's railway line it has echoes of the Glorious SJP too !

Dannyred

Leigh Sports Village (where Man U Women are based) has now replaced Forest's City Ground as a Euro 2021 venue - apparently the later is due for redevelopment. Makes you wonder why that wasn't known about when the initial list was published.
That is a really lovely stadium but with awful stewards.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
New dates of 6-31 July 2022.