• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Willem Tomlinson

Stelios

Someone posted a pic from his Instagram yesterday of him in his car saying “long journey ahead” and the sat nav said it was a 209 miles journey from Whitefield (Greater Manchester) to his destination.

Now this may just be him going somewhere for the weekend but suspect he was driving to his next club, which wouldn’t be us as we’re around 250 miles away. I actually think he will sign for a Scottish club, just a hunch.
It definitely isn't 209 miles from Greater Manchester to Mansfield! (more like 90 odd)

Would like to hear KMT's version of events before damning him.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
F*** him. If he doesn’t want to be a part of this, then he can do one.

andrew p long

StudentGrecian;1775105 You have to believe MT thought he had him to allow Tillson to leave said:
I am reluctant to believe that MT screwed this up. He is intelligent enough to know that a player who trained with us in December, but who hasn’t (been) signed up by mid January might not end up as our player.

Our midfield options include Collins, Law, Taylor, Boateng, Holmes, Lee Martin, Randell, Kane Wilson before we need to use Will Dean. Having said that, when I suggested Dean should go out on loan someone else (TE?) expressed the astute view that Dean would soon be knocking on the door of the first team.

budegrecian

Think we can guess what sort of reception he'll get if he plays at the park, at the end of March.

Antony Moxey

F*** him. If he doesn’t want to be a part of this, then he can do one.
Yep, correct answer. Presumably for all those handwringing over the departure of Tillson we can recall him if necessary?

IndoMike

As I implied before, he might have potential but the fact that Blackburn didn't want to keep him after he spent 10 years at their club or even loan him out tells a story. Also he's not 18 yrs old - I think he's 21...I think the ability of this bloke has been overblown a bit, but we'll see. The only annoying thing is that this all happened during the transfer window so we didn't/ couldn't find anyone else. As someone pointed out above, we already have enough midfielders anyway to get through another 16 games.

Banksy

Trust we can now close this nine page anticlimax of a thread after wishing him well at Mansfield?(n)

Last edited:

IndoMike

Trust we can now close this nine page anticlimax of a thread after wishing him well at Mansfield?(n)
It was an anti-climax from the start. Really. Getting so carried away with the possible signing of an unproven ex-yoof released by his club. Embarrassing. If he was that good why would Blackburn release him.

Last edited:

Temporarily Exiled

Collins has a great injury record, Dean (our captain at youth level) is no chump, Boateng will be back fairly soon, and we don't have the fixture pile-up that some others have (only two mid-week fixtures in the next two months).

I think we'll be fine.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, correct answer. Presumably for all those handwringing over the departure of Tillson we can recall him if necessary?
Pretty sure we can’t.