• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Willem Tomlinson

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well if he’s been on trial and we still want to sign him Matt must rate him.
Good point

denzel

Someone posted a pic from his Instagram yesterday of him in his car saying “long journey ahead” and the sat nav said it was a 209 miles journey from Whitefield (Greater Manchester) to his destination.

Now this may just be him going somewhere for the weekend but suspect he was driving to his next club, which wouldn’t be us as we’re around 250 miles away. I actually think he will sign for a Scottish club, just a hunch.
207 miles from there would get you to Bridgwater, which may be a good place to base yourself, especially if you like to keep things 'under wraps'

denzel

Someone posted a pic from his Instagram yesterday of him in his car saying “long journey ahead” and the sat nav said it was a 209 miles journey from Whitefield (Greater Manchester) to his destination.

Now this may just be him going somewhere for the weekend but suspect he was driving to his next club, which wouldn’t be us as we’re around 250 miles away. I actually think he will sign for a Scottish club, just a hunch.
209 miles from there would get you to Bridgwater, which may be a good place to base yourself, especially if you like to keep things 'under wraps'

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Pete Martin (CTID)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are we allowed to sign a player out of contract after the January transfer window closes? As far s I know we can, see paragraph 47.3 in this link
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Or is there another relevant paragraph?

grecIAN Harris

Are we allowed to sign a player out of contract after the January transfer window closes? As far s I know we can, see paragraph 47.3 in this link
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

The give away word is transfer. There is no transfer involved. The player is, in effect, unemployed. I don't think the Department For Work and Pensions will require a transfer fee.

MerleyRed

I recall that during early discussions about him possibly signing, it was suggested that a potential stumbling block was Blackburns desire to have a sell-on clause. I guess if he is now effectively a free agent, that obstacle has been overcome.

Colesman Ballz

I gave up the will to live before I finished reading all that lot, so I can't help I'm afraid ! :(

simcity

I believe as he was released before the end of the transfer window he can sign for another club outside of the transfer window so he is free to join us if he/we want it to happen!