Willem Tomlinson

milts

Mansfield are chucking money around. Wouldn't surprise me if we were out done at the last minute.

Martin Lawrence

So how come he trains with us and then signs for fricking Mansfield of all teams.
Loads of players train with our first team throughout the season. A few years ago we had David James down. It would be interesting to know whether we were ever actually in for him or whether this was another internet rumour, fuelled by facebook / twitter / exeweb / lazy journalism.

Red Monster

That’s the problem when it’s been well documented.
On Mansfield website he said he had a call from Flitcroft this morning,could be they pinched him from under our
Noses.

benjisheps

Loads of players train with our first team throughout the season. A few years ago we had David James down. It would be interesting to know whether we were ever actually in for him or whether this was another internet rumour, fuelled by facebook / twitter / exeweb / lazy journalism.
I can confirm that he did train with the club for a spell. Don't know if he was offered a deal or not though. Either way if he was offered a deal then I'm sure he was made an offer that Matt T thought reflected his ability. If someone else has offered more for him then that's up to them.

Hopefully Boateng will be back soon and then we will be ok in the midfield department.

Think it’s quite clear that we were in for him, he spoke to some Exeter fans saying he was weighing up his options! I guess a factor of money, longer contract (if HITC article is correct) and distance from home, made hijacking any deal we offered easy for Mansfield.
You have to believe MT thought he had him to allow Tillson to leave, let’s hope we can survive without any injuries.