• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why has Artur not been criticised?

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had Jonah have been playing yesterday, the majority on here would have been going mental at him. IMO Artur was at fault for 3 of the goals, so why have the people that slated Jonah gone fairly quiet with regards to Artur's poor game yesterday.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
at fault for 3 of our goals?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had Jonah have been playing yesterday, the majority on here would have been going mental at him. IMO Artur was at fault for 3 of the goals, so why have the people that slated Jonah gone fairly quiet with regards to Artur's poor game yesterday.
Not sure Artur was 'at fault for three of the goals' but, on more than one occasion, his kicking made Jonah's look like Johnny Wilkinson's.

wiveygrecian

Yep i agree Artur was poor yesterday and your right Jonah would have took untold stick.
I think they are very similar though, both average keepers.
Ben Hamer is the man and thats not just cause he was born in Taunton like me!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why the negativity?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont think he was at Fault for any of the goals personally. his kicking was poor yesterday but in all fairness to him other than pick the ball out of the net he didnt have alot to do!

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
For once I'm with you however I would stick up for Artur in terms of the conditions he faced, it was very windy and that makes it extremely tricky for any keeper, when we had the wind in our favour we rarely threatened Ian Bennett, it would have been interesting to see how he would have coped, Bennett is a fairly small keeper and we should have been putting him under pressure with high balls etc, sadly at times I am not sure Tisdale is willing to adapt our style of play to suit the conditions, this is not a rant, just the way I saw it.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
For once I'm with you however I would stick up for Artur in terms of the conditions he faced, it was very windy and that makes it extremely tricky for any keeper, when we had the wind in our favour we rarely threatened Ian Bennett, it would have been interesting to see how he would have coped, Bennett is a fairly small keeper and we should have been putting him under pressure with high balls etc, sadly at times I am not sure Tisdale is willing to adapt our style of play to suit the conditions, this is not a rant, just the way I saw it.
Exactly, I'm not including his kicking as the weather had a lot to do with that especially when the wind was against him, same as it was for thei keeper in the first half. The first goal IMO was a defensive c*ck up, the last goal if I'm being fair was a tad unlucky. But the second and third goal were very soft and am at a loss to why he didn't save them.

Hants it's not about being negative it's more pointing out the similar c*ck ups between two keepers, but only one would have got a shed load of stick.

Last edited:
Kicking was tricky but he still made a hash of it. Although I did think that 3 of the goals were easy saves, they were all virtually straight at him.

Kicking was difficult due to the weather, but he was still sh*te, he didnt have much to do, but what he did have to do, he f*cked up.

Ben Hamer no.1 keeper
Stop! Hamer time..