• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why can’t we talk about Porky and the Herald nonsense?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Damn, and I'd already packed my swimming trunks.
Well, thank goodness we were spared that photo opportunity. :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can I put in a bid for the platform 9 waiting room at Clapham Junction? Relatively convenient for all.

iscalad

Can I put in a bid for the platform 9 waiting room at Clapham Junction? Relatively convenient for all.
SW trains are probably on strike.

STURTZ

How ironic that after years of banter board rivalry that now, when there hasn't been a PAFC post all season, threads start to get closed with the reason being given as personal abuse! I seem to be banned from a very innocuous thread for no apparent reason and we are told that it is the moderators that consider the content to be abusive. Visit pasoti to see what a highly vetted and selective forum is like, sterile and vetted to reflect the opinions of a single persons tastes, opinions and ambitions. Visit atd Plymouth to view the reaction to that highly censored site and the person who is controlling it.

Fascinating from afar but I wouldn't like our forum to be regulated in such a fashion. Fans herded like sheep in order to prop up often dubious, potentially corrupt and ultimately unsuccessful regimes. Censorship is a dangerous road to follow.

Colesman Ballz

How ironic that after years of banter board rivalry that now, when there hasn't been a PAFC post all season, threads start to get closed with the reason being given as personal abuse! I seem to be banned from a very innocuous thread for no apparent reason and we are told that it is the moderators that consider the content to be abusive. Visit pasoti to see what a highly vetted and selective forum is like, sterile and vetted to reflect the opinions of a single persons tastes, opinions and ambitions. Visit atd Plymouth to view the reaction to that highly censored site and the person who is controlling it.

Fascinating from afar but I wouldn't like our forum to be regulated in such a fashion. Fans herded like sheep in order to prop up often dubious, potentially corrupt and ultimately unsuccessful regimes. Censorship is a dangerous road to follow.
A well argued and convincing post Sturtz. (y)

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can’t confirm, nor deny my agreement for Sturtz’s post.

Spoonz Red E

There is an irony that a thread started to point out the intolerance of alternative standpoints and the singling out of an individual by Pasoti has in itself fallen foul of rules.

I agree with the personal abuse rule which is why my OP was about the general thread on Pasoti rather than any individual so I'm a bit miffed that the entire thread has disappeared from here.

It's also common practice that Pasoti users are frequently 'outed' by certain mods by referencing their real names if they step too far out of line - a practice, I'm glad to say, that is frowned upon here.

Last edited:

Stelios

Looking through twitter is appears that all this nonsense came about from a personal vendetta against an individual journalist for apparently not being green enough to report on matters green.

Would be somewhat ironic if the person behind the vendetta would then complain about being trolled. Blokes of a certain dotage really are weird.

We are truly through the looking glass

general zod

Looking through twitter is appears that all this nonsense came about from a personal vendetta against an individual journalist for apparently not being green enough to report on matters green.

Would be somewhat ironic if the person behind the vendetta would then complain about being trolled. Blokes of a certain dotage really are weird.

We are truly through the looking glass
You have pretty much nailed it, well my thoughts anyway.

In my opinion the individual in question created a thread on PASOTI which then turned into a witch hunt on this guy who works for the Herald. True PASOTI fashion getting fed to the lions without the chance of being able to defend oneself.

The individual in question then called the journalist a 'troll' on more then one occasion, quite a bold sweeping statement to make wouldn't you agree?

Can he actually prove that this Herald journalist was creating articles to stir up the Argyle fans? If not then he's just as guilty if not worse then the threads he comes on here and screams libel at.

Put the deleted posts back up I say.

IndoMike

Damn, and I'd already packed my swimming trunks.
I missed that post. I didn't realize that you could swim so far...;)