• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Which Goalkeeps do you want to see between the sticks at SJP ?

IBA

Over 80 games in the last two seasons for a pretty good Coventry side...would be difficult to find someone much better than that at our level.
Always had a soft spot for Len Bond.

denzil

Rob Green - Officially retired BUT can coach himself :)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regarding Burge, it appears other clubs rate him higher than many on Exeweb.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/03/25/hull-consider-coventry-keeper-lee-burge/

GJW

Burge. Too many mistakes. Quiet keeper who does not control his box. He can pull off some great shot stoppers but is too inconsistent. Flaps too often. I’ve seen games where he is responsible for 2 or 3 goals going in. I rate Pym higher than Burge and I watch both clubs. He definitely has talent, he is young, fit and athletic, but not much use if you can’t make up your mind what you are gong to do half the time and don’t communicate with your defence.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any votes for Ken Veysey or Andy Gosney ?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any votes for Ken Veysey or Andy Gosney ?
I think we are looking for an older more experienced first choice keeper :) My info is that The Cheese has this pair on his radar though.

Red Devon

Burge. Too many mistakes. Quiet keeper who does not control his box. He can pull off some great shot stoppers but is too inconsistent. Flaps too often. I’ve seen games where he is responsible for 2 or 3 goals going in. I rate Pym higher than Burge and I watch both clubs. He definitely has talent, he is young, fit and athletic, but not much use if you can’t make up your mind what you are gong to do half the time and don’t communicate with your defence.
How come he managed 83 games the last two seasons in a successful Coventry team if he’s that bad then?

You probably saw a couple of mistakes on Quest where you don’t get to see much good goalkeeping and saves.

Last edited:

GJW

How come he managed 83 games the last two seasons in a successful Coventry team if he’s that bad then?

You probably saw a couple of mistakes on Quest where you don’t get to see much good goalkeeping and saves.
He had a good team around him. I saw 4 live games last season and saw every other game in full on ifollow. As I said, Pym is a better keeper. Go on Sky Blues Talk and read all about him yourself. Cov didn’t have better options. He was ok but not great.

Red Devon

He had a good team around him. I saw 4 live games last season and saw every other game in full on ifollow. As I said, Pym is a better keeper. Go on Sky Blues Talk and read all about him yourself. Cov didn’t have better options. He was ok but not great.
Fair play if you did, but the stats suggest Burge would be pretty decent at our level.

Jammers20

Vigoroux and / or Fielding for me both quality keepers and should have some good competition fot that position