• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Which Goalkeeps do you want to see between the sticks at SJP ?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always like Glenn Morris at Crawley but assume he’s under contract....I hear Sam Slocombe is moving back to Lincolnshire so expect him to rock up at Grimsby if they lose Mckeown.

Although Pym is a loss it feels like there’s a lot of capable keepers out there so hopefully we can get someone solid. Plus the second choice needs to be capable of pushing for the number 1 spot to keep up the competition.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gary Woods.

*taps nose smiley thingy*

Reality check required.
Yes sadly I agree, think we will have to just be happy stuck in this division forever, safe from the drop and flirting with playoffs/promotion.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

would love us to splash some cash and get the lad from Grimsby.
I saw him twice last season and was very impressed, and this didn't include the game at St James' Park.
Yes - He's been impressive . As Taylor would have known or thought that Pym was on his way , I would like to think he has someone decent lined up. not forgetting we need 2 keepers .

ryancooper327

Mitch Walker released by Dover
Charlie Grainger released by Orient

or

Vigouroux, Burge, Garratt would all be good signings I think.

Really hard to get two signings, one being happy with bench/fight for number 1.

Either young already good 'keeper with experienced older back up or older 'keeper with a young, promising back up.

Tough job for MT I think but as mentioned, lots of 'keepers around it seems.

andrew p long

True I stand corrected
According to Pete USA you only look as if you’re sitting down.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see from Twitter that Adam Smith, aged 26 has been suggested. Released by Bristol Rovers and was at Leicester with Weale. Won promotion with Northampton in 2015/16.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

As we need two I'd be looking at one from either end of the age range, younger one to learn from his elder and push him for his spot with a view to eventually taking over. For me either Frank Fielding or Sam Slocombe at the top end and maybe Lavercombe from the bottom end. I have a colleague at work who is a Torquay fan and spoke very highly of him when he was down there

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mitch Walker released by Dover
Charlie Grainger released by Orient
When did we become a national league south side ?

For me Nathan Ashmore is an option.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
As we need two I'd be looking at one from either end of the age range, younger one to learn from his elder and push him for his spot with a view to eventually taking over. For me either Frank Fielding or Sam Slocombe at the top end and maybe Lavercombe from the bottom end. I have a colleague at work who is a Torquay fan and spoke very highly of him when he was down there
If Slocombe is your top end I wouldn't even take a glance at the bottom end !