• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

When the (tax)man comes around

Temporarily Exiled

A general thread for clubs in dire straits, as it seems these days that there are too many for individual threads.

Latest on Bury, a showcase in EFL excellence:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There was a story from Bury FC yesterday saying that the friendly with WBA couldn't go ahead as the floodlights had been repossessed. That story was later changed to WBA are extending their foreign trip and wouldn't be back in time.

22 days to the start of the season. Should they be allowed to start?

Temporarily Exiled

There was a story from Bury FC yesterday saying that the friendly with WBA couldn't go ahead as the floodlights had been repossessed. That story was later changed to WBA are extending their foreign trip and wouldn't be back in time.

22 days to the start of the season. Should they be allowed to start?
They shouldn't be able to start the new season in administration. I feel for the players and staff there, many of whom I doubt will receive full remuneration for their work.

The kicker is that Bury FC were fan-owned. They've been down this exact road about 15 years ago, but after the trust relinquished control to an owner that could push them forwards, they find themselves here again.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
They shouldn't be able to start the new season in administration. I feel for the players and staff there, many of whom I doubt will receive full remuneration for their work.

The kicker is that Bury FC were fan-owned. They've been down this exact road about 15 years ago, but after the trust relinquished control to an owner that could push them forwards, they find themselves here again.
Notts County are just another example of a fan owned club, who handed over control, and have got their just deserts. I have absolutely no sympathy for them either !

Pobbop

It is very much the modern world though isn't it?

People are just not willing to be patient and build foundations, there are many here that want the Trust done away with, despite all our myriad financial troubles before, they would happily go back there for some magic beans.

Gawd there are a lot of smilies here, I fear change, umm I think this one ❌ sums up my entire emotions over this in a figurative form.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Bury have named a squad for today's friendly at Nantwich of 22 triallists.

Temporarily Exiled

Seems Macclesfield have secured an expensive loan to tie themselves over

This post fits pretty well here (for anyone not following the League 2 news thread). Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt has been railing against the current system again on Twitter today (each is a separate Tweet thread):

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Bury agree a CVA and will start the season on -12 points

CityTillIDie

we are very lucky to have what we have down here and I hope most appreciate it. Just goes to show how easily it could all go to s***!

Temporarily Exiled