• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Whats happened to Exeweb?

hardi2b

Moved location .. up in the foothills of the Cascade mountains just recently established "interweb", service is so slow it sometimes seems too much of a bother...messes teribly with my Ifollow. May have to pay an extortionate amount for satellite service with limited Gb allowance.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was expecting a bigger shift to smartphones.
There don't seem to be as many young 'uns on here these days.

Back in the busy days of Exeweb there was a bunch of teens that posted regularly: CIML, flat cap, Flackyismydadhonest, Barmy and any number of Joshys. Nowadays, at 44 I often feel like I'm one of the youngest on here.

andrew p long

Yep, I often think that median age is early 60s on Exeweb...

IndoMike

There don't seem to be as many young 'uns on here these days.

Back in the busy days of Exeweb there was a bunch of teens that posted regularly: CIML, flat cap, Flackyismydadhonest, Barmy and any number of Joshys. Nowadays, at 44 I often feel like I'm one of the youngest on here.
You're probably right.
Maybe it's because the young 'uns can't be farked or don't have the time to join in long and some would say repetitive, boring discussions. Maybe it's just not cool for them
Also Twitter, Instagram, WA groups etc are more popular nowadays amongst the younger fan
Even FB is old hat now and most young 'uns wouldn't dream of using it.

CityTillIDie

I feel like the older folk tend to like a moan a lot more than us younger city fans, so yes maybe some found it repetitive and moved elsewhere like Facebook and the likes.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, I often think that median age is early 60s on Exeweb...
Oh, yes - easily that, I should say. Mind you, if I ever get banned it would come down to nearer 55.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oh, yes - easily that, I should say. Mind you, if I ever get banned it would come down to nearer 55.
Google Analytics tells me we have loads of people viewing who are over the age of 65+. Mind you Google tells me I'm an old women. :(

iscalad

Google Analytics tells me we have loads of people viewing who are over the age of 65+. Mind you Google tells me I'm an old women. :(
Google is never wrong

IndoMike

Hehe.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I might just start googling SAGA holidays to Indonesia! :)