• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Whats happened to Exeweb?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Other smartphones and tablets are available.
All the Android, Google and Microsoft device are listed separately. Only Apple appears lumped.

Boyo

In August 2019, the following platforms were used
Desktop 53.8%
Tablets 13.7%
Smartphone 32.6%

In August 2015
Desktop 56.2%
Tablets 13.3%
Smartphone 30.4%

I was expecting a bigger shift to smartphones.
I tend to dip into Exeweb at work, when I'm bored or have a spare 5 mins. I never look at home or via the mobile.

Steve H

I access exeweb through my kindle at home... afraid my employers are very hot on people viewing what they shouldn't and WiFi for a phone is a no no at work

Have to agree the number of posters seems to be falling - same names showing up all the time but not their fault if no one else joins in

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I cant imagine trying to follow exeweb using a smart-phone or something similar. If I couldnt sit up at my desktop with the biggest screen there is, I wouldnt bother. Its an age thing I suppose.

Matt Russell

You'll be telling us next that your screen goes the entire length of your desk?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You'll be telling us next that your screen goes the entire length of your desk?
No, I'm sure there is a gap. Perhaps he could place the webcam on the other side. :)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I cant imagine trying to follow exeweb using a smart-phone or something similar. If I couldnt sit up at my desktop with the biggest screen there is, I wouldnt bother. Its an age thing I suppose.
Imagine the effort it would take to get your eagle eyes on our net minders via a mobile device !

IndoMike

Adapting to the new, improved version of Exeweb was a hassle. I myself flounced twice and kicked a few cats. In the long run it's definitely better, but maybe some of the older, IT- challenged posters gave up.

PeteUSA

......but maybe some of the older, IT- challenged posters gave up.
By jove, I think you've got it!

IndoMike

By jove, I think you've got it!
We oldies have had to adapt to change all our life, so many are not so keen on having to adapt yet again
But...I do think it's better now. We can see when someone has replied to our own post which makes it easier to follow
Using mobile phones (we call them handphones) is always tricky. If you've got thick fingers typing alone is bloody difficult. And they're sensitive to touch so jump around a bit (ooh er missus).
Looking good for City, Pete. And the keepers are good for Div 2.
Hope you're fit and healthy..