• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Whats happened to Exeweb?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks for the stats, G-o-T.

There was quite a leap before and after the lost posts fiasco, but the increase in posts during the "crisis" year of 13/14 suggests my theory around Exeweb needing a good cup run or an off-field crisis isn't that far wide of the mark.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think part of the reason that exeweb is used less is that it does not work very well on a phone. It's ok on a PC but trying to access and post via a phone is a nightmare.
It's supposed to be a million times easier!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Admittedly, I only dip in and out and very rarely look at matchday threads now, unless it's the rare occasion where I've been the match. Defo, don't go on as often, since I don't have a laptop at home, and personal life is a lot busier now. Added to working, can't go on the computer at work, which I used to do when I first moved up here and were working from home. Then exeweb used be a pain navigating on a browser on your phone. I may start to look in a bit more, now it's meant to be easier. Have an hour for my lunch to kill time.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In the last 24 hours we've had 2,869 unique visitors. Sadly far too many of that number are trying to hack in to the website. 😢 😢 😢 😢

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In August 2019, the following platforms were used
Desktop 53.8%
Tablets 13.7%
Smartphone 32.6%

In August 2015
Desktop 56.2%
Tablets 13.3%
Smartphone 30.4%

I was expecting a bigger shift to smartphones.

Ex-ciderrr

Now compatible on my tablet it’s at such ease to navigate through the forum as opposed to having to pinch and pull the screen around left right and centre like I used to do on the tablet. Yet to try the mobile device, but will give it a go sometime.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
By browser (June 2019)

Safari
47.2%​
Chrome
31.4%​
Edge
7.0%​
Internet Explorer
6.2%​
Samsung Internet
2.9%​
Firefox
2.2%​
Amazon Silk
1.1%​
Opera
0.9%​
(not set)
0.4%​
Android Browser
0.1%​

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think part of the reason that exeweb is used less is that it does not work very well on a phone. It's ok on a PC but trying to access and post via a phone is a nightmare.
I only ever post using the phone and it couldnt be simpler. Very user friendly. I would say how exeweb works on a phone has no impact whatsoever on post count.

CityTillIDie

I only ever post using the phone and it couldnt be simpler. Very user friendly. I would say how exeweb works on a phone has no impact whatsoever on post count.
I actually prefer using it on my phone rather than the laptop

tonykellowfan

Thanks guys, clearly I hadn't realised that the recent change was designed to make it easier on the phone! Agree it's much better now.