• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Whats happened to Exeweb?

Coppers

I must admit I'm not a regular poster but I do enjoy reading the debate and feedback from city fans from games on the match day thread but there seems to be very little contribution these days with the page count barely going into double figures. There was a time when we would get somewhere between 30 and 50 pages which I would enjoy reading on a Sunday. I know we usually get more posts when it is doom and gloom but with such a great start I was expecting to see more. Could it be that more people are using social media rather than web based forums.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I must admit I'm not a regular poster but I do enjoy reading the debate and feedback from city fans from games on the match day thread but there seems to be very little contribution these days with the page count barely going into double figures. There was a time when we would get somewhere between 30 and 50 pages which I would enjoy reading on a Sunday. I know we usually get more posts when it is doom and gloom but with such a great start I was expecting to see more. Could it be that more people are using social media rather than web based forums.
One reason. which I myself forgot, is that there are now 20 posts per page, double the previous set up. But I'm sure some people have turned to other social media, too.
It's good that you enjoyed reading the MDT : perhaps you could send in your thoughts more frequently to boost the numbers so that we can enjoy your posts as much as you enjoy ours.

Alistair20000

Lots of posters gone and not replaced by newbies. :cry:

Also just noted nothing from Anton Moxey for about 6 weeks.

Coppers

Oh right, more posts on a page, not so bad then. I will try to contribute a bit more.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's easier to access by phone now, which is far better since the update. Hopefully that'll bring people back too

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lots of posters gone and not replaced by newbies. :cry:

Also just noted nothing from Anton Moxey for about 6 weeks.
Fred too . Sadly.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you ever happen to look back at an old post you do wonder what happened to many of the posters. As mentioned above I suspect FB and Twitter may have taken over.

IndoMike

It might be an idea for Exeweb to send out messages to posters who have gone AWOL saying that they are valued contributors and Exeweb would love to have them back Many businesses do that, including Exeter City.

Alistair20000

Fred too . Sadly.
Fred often disappears for longish periods and then reappears. Let us hope we see him soon.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alistair20000

Have you seen the firm cheeked one recently ?