• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last pub you visited...

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Rugglestone, a couple of hundred yards down the lane opposite, is a good, but rather less known alternative. Last time I went it still retained it's "serving hatch" although a proper bar had been also been added elsewhere.
I never realised the place existed until you mentioned it. Having checked it out using an online map of Widecombe, I see that a little further down the road from it is Higher Venton Farm, the home of Beatrice Chase, the 'Dartmoor' novelist. It was rumoured that Chase (Olive Katherine Parr), who is buried in Widecombe churchyard, was the person responsible for placing fresh flowers on Kitty Jay's grave.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ashamed to say I cannot remember the name, but went to a brilliant pub on Lygon St in Melbourne on saturday night. If you ever venture to Oz, a night in Melbourne is well worth a spin :)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fire Engine Inn - Marazion

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Glue Pot in Swindon yesterday. It's a proper pub with Hop Back beers. The Yakima Blonde was very nice (that's an ale btw) and the Summer Lightning was excellent, and my memory is still intact despite a few of those ales on the way back to the station!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Savoy here in Swindon.

Owens

The Garth Inn Maesteg

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Coal Grill & Bar, Swindon.

Nice but pricey steak washed down with 3 x pints of Amstel.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Thomas Kemp, Kemp Town

Owens

The Nicholls Arms in Maesteg ��

Owens

The lounge Bridgend m