• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What the hell was that about on the phone?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
What is wrong with getting another opinion? sheeeeesh...
Quite so. If he didn't seek other opinions, he'd be berated for that instead.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed and the thing that makes me laugh is that it is hardly a revelation that Tisdale regularly seeks and / or is given the opinion of someone with over forty years experience in the game but nobody cares when we are doing well. These threads only ever appear when we are doing badly.

FAN-TATIC

The fact of the matter is that no one in the crowd heard the entire content of this two way phone call. They have no idea what is was all about. It was raised as yet another stick to beat Tisdale with.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree, no one should be above getting a second opinion, and one can only hope that after 40 years
#
sp has some idea of what he's on about. Just another take on 'sitting in the stand' david pleat has gone as

far as saying he's surprised managers dont sit in the stand as opposed to pitch side, the overall view is far better and situations

can be nipped in the bud b4 it's to late, even said if he'd been in the stand at wembley the chances are spurs wouldn't have

lost the fa cup final v coventry !!!!

Last edited:

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was raised as yet another stick to beat Tisdale with.
I don't mind threads critical of Tiz when they are sensible and ask probing questions, but the OP is just a fantasy based on complete supposition and driven by a personal idea about the manager that has no fact. Its total bollaks. Oh.......hang on........he's a season ticket holder. That's different then.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whatever the facts, and everyone is guessing, it LOOKED amateurish bordering on farcical. I shook my head in disbelief - but have to admit I did crane my neck for 10 seconds to see if I could see what the **** it was about. It was just about the only entertaining thing that happened during the game...

Grecian1966

Whatever the facts, and everyone is guessing, it LOOKED amateurish bordering on farcical. I shook my head in disbelief - but have to admit I did crane my neck for 10 seconds to see if I could see what the **** it was about. It was just about the only entertaining thing that happened during the game...
Simple question but why do you consider asking for an opinion from someone with over 40 years football experience and 800+ games at the highest level to be "amateurish bordering on farcical"?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Simple question but why do you consider asking for an opinion from someone with over 40 years football experience and 800+ games at the highest level to be "amateurish bordering on farcical"?
Calm down, It didn't seem to me (and it was going on not far from where I sit) like anyone was seeking an opinion, it appeared to be Mel G telling SP he was wanted on the phone and SP saying he'd call back later. I think we'd already made all 3 subs by then? As far as I recall Tis wasn't holding a phone to his ear. But as I say, it's guesswork unless they clarify things. It just looked very odd.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... It was just about the only entertaining thing that happened during the game...
So, it could have been a diversionary tactic to take the crowds mind off the game? :D

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

Calm down, It didn't seem to me (and it was going on not far from where I sit) like anyone was seeking an opinion, it appeared to be Mel G telling SP he was wanted on the phone and SP saying he'd call back later. .
Which is exactly as I saw it. Gwinnett calling to Steve P "Steve, Steve, telephone." Gave me the impression that whoever it was on the 'phone wanted to speak to Steve P. He declined to take the call and I heard Gwinett tell the caller "Steve is not......" I didn't hear the rest of it.

Still if you don't know, make it up eh?