• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What is it with the Tisadle hate?

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whenever I catch a rabbit with my headlight, it always looks like it's thinking 'what a pile of fekkin shhitt that bloke is driving! Call that a car?

Last edited:

TUFC9

Trust me - I am far from a City fan nor relation of Tisdale!

I understand the anger and disappointment on here but do not let that this lead to panic. Like I said - been there and done that and the result is we are playing Alfreton Town this season. There are a couple of posters here giving (from my perspective) a far more balanced opinion on the situation and they seem to be rounded on by the haters pretty quickly. That is far from helping the situation and I think it would be wise to listen to them and at least contemplate some of the points they are making. I am no WUM or troll - I simply still cannot really understand where the majority of opinion is coming from on this and I can only see your club going one way if this continues and the torch and pitchfork clan get their man.

We are seemingly lucky in a way that we now have Chris Hargreaves (who cares passionately about the club) and seems to be doing a good job turning things round but getting out of the Conference is a nightmare these days and the financial implications (and the effect on youth team funding - key for you guys) is something which could see you guys go under. The effects for us are yet to be fully seen but I do hold great concerns and certain noises coming out of Plainmoor only heightening these worries.

Be careful what you wish for.

LOG

Trust me - I am far from a City fan nor relation of Tisdale!

I understand the anger and disappointment on here but do not let that this lead to panic. Like I said - been there and done that and the result is we are playing Alfreton Town this season. There are a couple of posters here giving (from my perspective) a far more balanced opinion on the situation and they seem to be rounded on by the haters pretty quickly. That is far from helping the situation and I think it would be wise to listen to them and at least contemplate some of the points they are making. I am no WUM or troll - I simply still cannot really understand where the majority of opinion is coming from on this and I can only see your club going one way if this continues and the torch and pitchfork clan get their man.

We are seemingly lucky in a way that we now have Chris Hargreaves (who cares passionately about the club) and seems to be doing a good job turning things round but getting out of the Conference is a nightmare these days and the financial implications (and the effect on youth team funding - key for you guys) is something which could see you guys go under. The effects for us are yet to be fully seen but I do hold great concerns and certain noises coming out of Plainmoor only heightening these worries.

Be careful what you wish for.
The problem is when do you say enough is enough? We know that we can't afford to sack him (it would be an almost scandalous waste of money anyway IMO) but whilst some on here have tried to pour mockage upon the petition, that, for the majority of dissenters, is their only avenue.

Yes, we should be careful what we wish for, but that's a easy little caveat to put on the end of anything in support of the status quo. There are, of course, no guarantees that a replacement would do any better but, after 3 years of going backwards, it's difficult to see how they could do any worse.

I honestly don't think we have a bad squad of players and, man for man, they don't look at all out of place in L2. The problem isn't them or their ability, it's the way that they're told to play and that is solely the manager's responsibility. Add into that the fact that it isn't working and hasn't worked for a long time. Plenty of clubs have played unattractive football in the past but as long as it gets some sort of success, nobody minds. Think Bolton under Big Sam who played awful football from a purists point of view, but nobody complained too much if they were being relatively successful.

The main concern of many is that Tisdale's more recent approach hasn't and doesn't work but yet he seems unwilling to change (at least at Bolton they got to cheer the odd win whereas we get the **** football part of it but not the result) and this has led to declining crowds, crowds which have fallen away to what we know to be below projections and show no signs of improving. That is what is going to do most damage, longer term, to the club whereas Tisdale can just walk away, most probably muttering something about Trust ownership and only being an inch away as he goes.

I'd agree with something that was said earlier - it's not hatred, it's pure frustration.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'd agree with something that was said earlier - it's not hatred, it's pure frustration.
I don't know in some instances, although "hatred" is probably too strong a term, but a general dislike.

If you look back through the archive of Exeweb dating back through most of Tisdale's reign, there has always been a general unease amongst many of the good burghers of Exeweb around him. There's always a feeling that there are some who have been just waiting for him to fail (and I don't count the general "doom and gloom" brigade in this), with every little downturn in form seized upon. Even in 2011, when we ended up in our equal highest ever league position (in the 4 tier era) there was a groundswell of opinion especially when we hit a sticky patch at home in around Jan-Mar of whether he should continue in the role. The early weeks of the 08/09 season had people calling for him to go due to "a lack of ambition".

Look now at those who refuse to give Tisdale any credit for our rapid rise from 06-11. "It was all (inherited squad, assistant managers, luck)..."

There are some who want, and have always wanted since 2006, a shouty tracksuit manager, and therefore as soon as our thoughtful manager hits a sticky patch use this as a stick to beat him with.

This isn't to say I don't think those who have reached the end of their tether are wrong to think this way, I'm as frustrated as most with our drop in fortunes, but I wonder still whether we are where we are *despite* Tisdale rather than *because* of him, and for this I'm prepared to continue to support him until, say, the new year.

Grecian_Jay

I hate him. Most definitely. He has ruined football for me which is/was my greatest passion in life. Fotr that he will always be hated.

This TUFC guy is a typical "I'm from the outside so don't know what's wrong" type. Exactly, you don't know about the riduclous wages he is commanding, the terriblef ootball for the most part of 8 years, the negative attitude that Tisdale has created around this club. That is all aside from the fact he probably has one of the worst managerial records in football in the last 3 years.

When I was saying this 3,4,5 years ago I got so much crap on here, at the time maybe that seemed right because he was still ridgin the crest of the wave. I do struggle to think anybody actually wants Tisdale to remain. We could go and win every game from now on but it would still be in a boring stale manner.

The only people claming they want Tisdale still are the confused ones who don't want to admit they got it wrong.

geoffwp

I hate him. Most definitely. He has ruined football for me which is/was my greatest passion in life. .
Ha ha ha ha ha. One of the very best comic moments on exeweb for a long time. I nearly snorted my coffee all over the keyboard. Put that make up on Coco and paint a big smile then you can go cry into your beer.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't hate the guy. I just want him gone. Will I hate him when we're in the Conference next year......hmmm

Grecian_Jay

Ha ha ha ha ha. One of the very best comic moments on exeweb for a long time. I nearly snorted my coffee all over the keyboard. Put that make up on Coco and paint a big smile then you can go cry into your beer.
That's the diffrence between us Geoffrey. I am a football fan, you are not. There are a lot more differences as well but we'll leave them for now (y)

Banksy

but I wonder still whether we are where we are *despite* Tisdale rather than *because* of him, and for this I'm prepared to continue to support him until, say, the new year.
I think by then it will be way way too late both from a points and falling gate perspective and there will be no way back. If he sees the light and sets us out for more attacking football etc then who knows , but we all know he is obstinate and unwilling to change his ways. And why oh why should we all be shouting at him about this , isn't the apparent solution bleeding obvious and staring him in the face?

geoffwp

That's the diffrence between us Geoffrey. I am a football fan, you are not. There are a lot more differences as well but we'll leave them for now (y)
There's the thing though Coco. I don't actually believe you are a football fan. In fact I don't believe you are very much of anything. You keep on blowing your smoke though. Some might be taken in.