• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

Early Bath

"Able Seacat Simon". The story of the Amethyst incident, and more, as seen through the eyes of a kitten which was rescued from life in Hong Kong and made a member of the Amethysts crew.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
'The Sword of Shannara' was the first book of the Shannara trilogy by Terry Brooks. This trilogy, which owes much to the Lord of the Rings genre, starts a ten-episode first season "epic fantasy saga" on Thursday 9:00pm on channel 176 5star.

Having read both the "Rings" and the Shannara books, I must say I enjoyed Shannara the most.

Fill your boots.

ecfc70

'The Sword of Shannara' was the first book of the Shannara trilogy by Terry Brooks. This trilogy, which owes much to the Lord of the Rings genre, starts a ten-episode first season "epic fantasy saga" on Thursday 9:00pm on channel 176 5star.

Having read both the "Rings" and the Shannara books, I must say I enjoyed Shannara the most.

Fill your boots.
not read the books but i did notice the trailer for the series and banged it on my planner to record

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Fill your boots.
Read most of the books (think I have one trilogy to go) and very good they are too. Looking forward to the TV series, got a lot of hype about it. Hope it lives up to it.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Ghost Writer - John Harwood

A young boy in Australia opens a secret drawer in his mother's room and discovers the manuscript of a ghost story written by his great grandmother at her a great estate in England. His reclusive and neurotic mother refuses to discuss both her grandmother and her ancestral home with her son who now realises that at some stage in his life he will have to make the journey and find out the reason why.

StroudGrecian

The Colour - Rose Tremain

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Insider - Piers Morgan.

Written in "diary style" it deals mainly from his time as the editor of the Daily Mirror up until his sacking for publishing fake pictures of British soldiers roughing Iraqi troops.

There's also stories of Peter Mandelson moaning because Blair/Brown wouldn't adopt the Euro, and being called "Mandy" and the "Princess of Darkness" in the press.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Typhoon Tale: James Kyle DFM

The autobiography of a pilot who flew Hawker Typhoon/Tempest fighter-bombers during world war two.

dontpassback

JFK an american coup de tat,by colonel john hughes wilson,ex m15 chap who goes through the motives and suspects in great detail.even back then the politicians were all bent and it is a good read without all the hysteria reagrding JFK who was no angel himself.

Avening Posse

Have just finished The Blade Artist, the latest from Irvine Welsh. Not his best but I loved it anyway, another side to the madness that is Begbie !!