• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
H is for Hawk

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am attempting to read Tolkien's The Silmarillion but it's bloody hard going.... Got just over half way and I'm determined not to quit now

My advice is if you haven't read it, start with a simpler book like the bible
And my advice would be to wait until Peter Jackson turns it into 3 or 4 films. ;)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Supping with Panthers - Tom Holland

Red & White

American Sniper - Chris Kyle

I am yet to see the film, but if it is half as good as the book it should make for good viewing.

Red N

American Sniper - Chris Kyle

I am yet to see the film, but if it is half as good as the book it should make for good viewing.
The book was ****e

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Tank War - Mark Urban

Charts the wartime journey of the 5th Royal tank Regiment (part of the 7th Armoured Division) from the shambles at Dunkirk, the desert war, Italy, D-Day problems at Caen, and the end of the war near Hamburg.

After the discussions concerning Marine "A", I would like to point out that there were occasions when tank crews not only machine gunned crews bailing out of enemy tanks, but also doing the same to German soldiers that were trying to surrender. It seems that certain responses were required in certain situations.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to see the very welcome return of Stuffy to these boards.

The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see the very welcome return of Stuffy to these boards.

The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Thank you Stroudy. Believe in better blaming BT for it taking them nearly 8 weeks to get me up and running after moving house.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Martin Turner's autobiography "No Easy Road - my life and times with Wishbone Ash and beyond".

Particularly enjoying the stories of the early days in and around Exeter as the Empty Vessels. His retelling of the story of the legendary gig at the Exeter Civic Hall (now W H Smiths), on the 19th December 1968, is a particular favourite. The Empty Vessels opened the bill. They were followed by the Social Deviants who got into a fight with the audience several of whom chased them off stage and back into the dressing rooms ! When the bouncers restored order, the evening was finished off by a then brand new band - Led Zeppelin ! So new in fact that the posters advertised them as "Lead Zeppelin, ex Yardbirds"! Would be worth a few quid now if anyone still has a copy ?

ecfc70

Bernard Cornwell - The Empty Throne

This is book 8 of his warrior chronicles/Saxon stories with the 9th due soon, they all follow the life of a fictional character torn between religion and war during the times of Kings Alfred. Athelstan and Edward to bring unite the kingdoms of our land and make the dream that is England
Very enjoyable and the BBC are in production for a TV series due to air this autumn (BBC2)

Linky thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-LUPGNXb78

If you like Vikings, this should be so much better
Confirmed as BBC2 - Next Thursday (22/10) @ 9pm
Hope they dont balls it up