• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Martin Turner's autobiography "No Easy Road - my life and times with Wishbone Ash and beyond".

Particularly enjoying the stories of the early days in and around Exeter as the Empty Vessels. His retelling of the story of the legendary gig at the Exeter Civic Hall (now W H Smiths), on the 19th December 1968, is a particular favourite. The Empty Vessels opened the bill. They were followed by the Social Deviants who got into a fight with the audience several of whom chased them off stage and back into the dressing rooms ! When the bouncers restored order, the evening was finished off by a then brand new band - Led Zeppelin ! So new in fact that the posters advertised them as "Lead Zeppelin, ex Yardbirds"! Would be worth a few quid now if anyone still has a copy ?
Ooooh, I'll have to buy that. Saw Martin at the Corn Exchange earlier this year.

iscalad

Ooooh, I'll have to buy that. Saw Martin at the Corn Exchange earlier this year.
Sh.......te it's £70 on Amazon.

Colesman Ballz

Sh.......te it's £70 on Amazon.
According to the link from Martin's website it £20.09 to uk addresses. Bought my copy at the last Corn Exchange gig for £15 (I think).

Avening Posse

Dead Famous - Ben Elton

iscalad

According to the link from Martin's website it £20.09 to uk addresses. Bought my copy at the last Corn Exchange gig for £15 (I think).
Yes, I looked it up on his website.I'll think about it, Xmas pressie maybe. I purchased a t-shirt, ah well.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Careless Love: The Unmaking of Elvis Presley by Peter Guralnick.

Book 2 deals with Presley's army service in Germany, his return to civilian life and his eventual death.

Banksy

Swansong 1945 , Walter Kempowski. Extracts from the diaries of participants in WW 2 just befor Hitler's suicide.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Entry Island - Peter May

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Life is a game of inches. Christian Roberts autobiography. As mentioned by someone on here. Used to love CR when he was here but had heard he was an alcy. Very moving and honest story.;(

StroudGrecian

Beastly Fury - Richard Sanders

subtitled 'the strange birth of British Football' - a really good read, just what I needed for the Xmas break (y)