• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What Book Are You Reading?

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
1984, f*cking intense
Woodstock. F*cking in tents.

Phil Sayers

Fall of Giants by Ken Follett.

Very good so far - a novel set just before, during and just after the First World War. It deals extensively with the reasons (such as there were any) for that and the Bolshevik revolution.

mole221

Ulysses by James Joyce. I'm on page 11 and I'm already lost. Although I did enjoy the use of the word scrotumtightening to describe the sea, but that's about the only bit I've understood.

Ulysses by James Joyce. I'm on page 11 and I'm already lost. Although I did enjoy the use of the word scrotumtightening to describe the sea, but that's about the only bit I've understood.
You REALLY don' t want to read " Finnegan's Wake " then. It makes " Ulysses " read like " Andy Pandy".

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I once gave up on this too. Try The Dubliners instead.

Ian Sideman

If you're looking for streams of consciousness, I suggest you read ********.

The occasional nugget, but mostly indecipherable.

LOG

Watch the cartoon instead. I presume it's the same.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Redeemer by Jo Nesbo.

PeteUSA

Since I feel sorry for myself far more often than I should, I've decided to start reading a book called 'Still Me' by Christopher Reeve. Its about the earlier days of his total paralysis. I believe he wrote one more.

Sadly he didnt make it, and to compound the situation, his loving wife Dana, who'd stood by his side througout his courageous battle died not too long after he did at just 44 years of age.

Swanaldo

Watch the cartoon instead. I presume it's the same.
Announcement: The cartoon Ulysses had the best theme tune ever.