• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Tom Parkes

Leads

So we got very lucky basically? No wonder their manager was livid

exeter-loyal

Haven't seen it, but this will now give A.Martin surely another chance at the back.

Is a shame to lose him for 3 games as I think A.Martin and Parkes should be our CBs this season.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Obviously decided not to appeal as he wasn’t going to play tonight anyway, so only misses two games.

Still a bit of a downer as he has started so well.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The statement says the incident was caught on video; I wonder if this will be made public as there was certainly nothing to be seen on the iFollow feed.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So we got very lucky basically? No wonder their manager was livid
As discussed on the other thread, it was partly their own fault.

If their player had not gone down like a poleaxed bull, after a slight brush, attention might have been given to what caused the incident. The long delay calmed down the situation. And the player then had to go off and wait to be called back.

But with only one camera, poorly positioned for the incident, as the referee and other officials saw nothing, what else could the officials have done?

Lesson for Stevenage and others: exaggerating an injury does not always work.

And I still think there should be sanctions against this, as well as the player who raises his arm.

PeteUSA

I suspect the FA got there video evidence from iFollow, which didnt show anything untoward. Its a poor show if they're going to use evidence from a camera the other side of the pitch from the incident, particularly when the referee and assistant were so close, and didnt think it was worth a red.

Colesman Ballz

I suspect the FA got there video evidence from iFollow, which didnt show anything untoward. Its a poor show if they're going to use evidence from a camera the other side of the pitch from the incident, particularly when the referee and assistant were so close, and didnt think it was worth a red.
Wouldn't surprise me if Satanage submitted a clip from their own match video, after first editing out anything incriminating their own player !

PeteUSA

Wouldn't surprise me if Satanage submitted a clip from their own match video, after first editing out anything incriminating their own player !
Is there two cameramen up on that gantry? I thought just one camera was used for both teams.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As discussed on the other thread, it was partly their own fault.

If their player had not gone down like a poleaxed bull, after a slight brush, attention might have been given to what caused the incident. The long delay calmed down the situation. And the player then had to go off and wait to be called back.

But with only one camera, poorly positioned for the incident, as the referee and other officials saw nothing, what else could the officials have done?

Lesson for Stevenage and others: exaggerating an injury does not always work.

And I still think there should be sanctions against this, as well as the player who raises his arm.
Some interesting comments which suggest he thinks the suspension was a little harsh.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some interesting comments which suggest he thinks the suspension was a little harsh.
Reinforces my point about disproportionate sanctions. Yes, deliberate elbows etc to the head must be punished and Pearce was wrong to react to provocation, but it's unfair that a player who deliberately provokes a raised arm or pretends injury gets no action taken. In the circumstances I think ECFC might have called for the Stevenage player Stokes also to be cited for "ungentlemanly conduct". Too many teams are doing this as a deliberate tactic, it's affecting the game.