• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Dara O'Shea

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems we must have a good relationship with West Brom ?
Welcome Dara.
That's what I thought. Judging by how well he did with Hereford last season, we wouldn't have been the only League two club wanting him and they obviously like the way we treated their players last year. Very nice to see.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seems we must have a good relationship with West Brom ?
Welcome Dara.
Kane Wilson and Kyle Edwards had a good season with us, even if they were under-utilised.

Pobbop

True but was hoping that if signing a CB we would have gone for an experienced pro.
Problem with this, is when you have two starters in Martin and Brown, you are not going to get an experienced pro who hasn't major downsides to come into play second fiddle, hence why we get detritus like Seabourne and TAH in the squad.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given last season's Hereford connection I would guess Mr Oates might have given a cautious thumbs up?

And, at least, if Sweenz and Troy pick up the odd knock we've got two replacement defenders used to playing together (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Scored 7 times for Hereford last season. Always good to have extra fire power.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scored 7 times for Hereford last season. Always good to have extra fire power.
Suggests he may be good at set pieces.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Suggests he may be good at set pieces.
A mix of goals looking at this collection https://www.facebook.com/exetercityfc/videos/10156183379458347/

Spoonz Red E

Looking at those goals - good at stealing a header (much like Matt was) and capitalizing on loose balls.
I'm looking forward to see how he steps up to this level.

IndoMike

We also have Moxey, Sweeney and Croll as cover at centre back if needed so I think this bloke is the right kind of signing by MT : inexpensive and hopefully good replacement if required. We didn't need an experienced centre back signing as cover or some journeyman

Red Bill

I find it interesting the Hartridge's loan out and O'sea's loan in are for 6 months and not a whole season. Could it be that Matt Taylor already sees Hartridge as a good replacement at CB but wants him to get half a season of regular men's football under his belt before he steps in, and feels the O'shea is a good stand-in in the stand-in role in the meantime while Hartridge is out on loan?