• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2018 - Russia

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
There have been counts in many countries around the world Mike ........... some learn from their previous mistakes (given it was a different time and attitude way back when)

Other countries are still carrying out atrocities against their own and other people and will never learn or want to move forward instead they choose to still live in the dark ages.

Back on topic I still hope they loose and go home crying into their asados.
That's the way it is, Ramone.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it me or are there some bloody awful national anthems this time round ? I miss the Italy one as any anthem which ends with an almighty OY! gets my vote.

IndoMike

Is it me or are there some bloody awful national anthems this time round ? I miss the Italy one as any anthem which ends with an almighty OY! gets my vote.
Can't beat the old "Marchons" ditty... Ours should be "Land of Hope and Glory"

Alistair20000

Yes, and you know FIFA made a big deal about stopping rugby tackles in the box. The refs have to be braver and FIFA must support them. It's bringing the game into disrepute, i.e a laughing stock.
I heard that there was a meeting before it all kicked off that this wrestling stuff would be punished ? Not happening at all.

Feckin’ dire. :mad:

Alistair20000

Can't beat the old "Marchons" ditty... Ours should be "Land of Hope and Glory"
Marchons is certainly stirring (y). Ours is truth to tell a dirge. :(

Your alternative is a good shout but I would prefer Queen’s Princes of the Universe.

IndoMike

I heard that there was a meeting before it all kicked off that this wrestling stuff would be punished ? Not happening at all.

Feckin’ dire. :mad:
Really feckin' dire, monsieur. Very frustrating for all.

IndoMike

Marchons is certainly stirring (y). Ours is truth to tell a dirge. :(

Your alternative is a good shout but I would prefer Queen’s Princes of the Universe.
Interesting choice. I've always thought that City should have a rousing tune

IndoMike

We should have used "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" in the pre- normal era. Poor old Tiswas missed out on the pink floral shirts and flares, though he did have the cravate

Alistair20000

Not sure I would want to make the scene when Le Grand Fromage pulled his frilly nylon panties right up tight though Indo.

Rather liking your French theme this morning (y) I nearly blundered into correcting you for the spelling of cravat/cravate.

IndoMike

Not sure I would want to make the scene when Le Grand Fromage pulled his frilly nylon panties right up tight though Indo.

Rather liking your French theme this morning (y) I nearly blundered into correcting you for the spelling of cravat/cravate.
I went hitchhiking thru France when I was 17. Had many an adventure. Wonderful countryside, culture and cuisine, but I must say the Spanish were friendlier. The French cops didn't seem to take to well to two young long-haired gits with an attitude and Union Jacks plastered everywhere.

Last edited: