• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Positive spin

Constant pain mate, exacerbated by that f*****g gap!
Which gap is that ?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which gap is that ?
The Cumberland Gap FFS! Which gap do you think I'm referring to? How many idiotic gaps are there at SJP?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's one between your ears by the looks of things.

Grecian2K

The "Cumberland Gap" was bridged by the upgrade of the northern end of the M6 way back in 2008.

However. Watford Gap services on the M1 still exists. Perhaps that is what Pate meant?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unlike Pete, I don't have an issue with 'the gap'. However, I must admit to being pained a little by the pinkness of some of the seats.

I guess it's a measure of how far we've come over the last decade or so that this is now my biggest gripe over the state of the ground. Moreover, I fully recognise I can be a bit anal about things such as this but now we've got a ground of which we can rightly be proud, wouldn't it be great if something could be done to restore the seats in the Flybe stand, or whatever it's called these days, to their former glories?!

As I recall, there was a discussion about this very issue on here a year or two ago – when, incidentally, the issue wasn't as bad as it is now – during which someone said there are now firms which will 'respray' the seats. If this problem can be solved without having to replace all the seats for, one assumes, a fraction of what that would cost, I for one would like to think it's something which the club might consider.

Last edited:

iscalad

The "Cumberland Gap" was bridged by the upgrade of the northern end of the M6 way back in 2008.

However. Watford Gap services on the M1 still exists. Perhaps that is what Pate meant?
Old fogie alert. Song by Lonnie Donegan.

Antony Moxey

As I recall, there was a discussion about this very issue on here a year or two ago – when, incidentally, the issue wasn't as bad as it is now
Well duh. Of course it's worse now than two years ago, and in two years' time it'll be worse still. Red's a git of a colour for fading in direct sunlight.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite right, but thats all I can say for the moment. I'm off to bed, its 2.00am in the morning here.
2.00am IN THE MORNING? Thanks for clarifying.

Andy Holloway

Unlike Pete, I don't have an issue with 'the gap'. However, I must admit to being pained a little by the pinkness of some of the seats.

I guess it's a measure of how far we've come over the last decade or so that this is now my biggest gripe over the state of the ground. Moreover, I fully recognise I can be a bit anal about things such as this but now we've got a ground of which we can rightly be proud, wouldn't it be great if something could be done to restore the seats in the Flybe stand, or whatever it's called these days, to their former glories?!

As I recall, there was a discussion about this very issue on here a year or two ago – when, incidentally, the issue wasn't as bad as it is now – during which someone said there are now firms which will 'respray' the seats. If this problem can be solved without having to replace all the seats for, one assumes, a fraction of what that would cost, I for one would like to think it's something which the club might consider.
Being a BB rating, i've no idea whether the pink or red or white seats are the most comfortable in the IP Office stand so, would welcome someone from there to inform us lesser mortals as to the comfort rating of these three different colours of seats.
That is of course, excluding the padded variety as favoured - and paid for - by those who prefer that little extra comfort on match days.

Working on the principle/hope of all the grandstand seats being sold, i find it hard to understand the problem when, being sat on by fans, they are not visible to anybody else in the ground or for that matter around the World on TV!

CityTillIDie

Well duh. Of course it's worse now than two years ago, and in two years' time it'll be worse still. Red's a git of a colour for fading in direct sunlight.
Ecfc in red the rest in white, simple enough solution to me.