• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

chunkymorrinmunter

So we'll have a three sided ground for two seasons?
Good job we didn't go up,restricted capacity!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
One and a bit seasons. JT said at the senior reds AGM that the club weren't looking forward to figuring out how to sell STs for 2018/2019.

Pete Martin (CTID)

No. We'll have a two sided ground for 15 months.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
No. We'll have a two sided ground for 15 months.
Pete, a serious question - why can't we start demolishing the OG immediately after the away end debris is cleared?

I'm also really surprised at Yelverton missing out on the start of the 2018-19 academic year (with our development having to be completed first).

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Pete, a serious question - why can't we start demolishing the OG immediately after the away end debris is cleared?

I'm also really surprised at Yelverton missing out on the start of the 2018-19 academic year (with our development having to be completed first).
Err... because the changing rooms, official's accommodation, and services to same will continue to be required until the new accommodation currently being constructed is available for use. You can't have anybody who isn't an authorised contractor on a premises under demolition (unless you'd like to see our players in safety helmets and full protective gear). I thought that would all have been pretty obvious?

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Err... because the changing rooms, official's accommodation, and services to same will continue to be required until the new accommodation currently being constructed is available for use. You can't have anybody who isn't an authorised contractor on a premises under demolition (unless you'd like to see our players in safety helmets and full protective gear). I thought that would all have been pretty obvious?
As we haven't planned any home friendlies I thought the changing rooms would be ready for the start of the new season, ergo the OG demolition could take place as soon as the away end was clear.

crocks

As we haven't planned any home friendlies I thought the changing rooms would be ready for the start of the new season, ergo the OG demolition could take place as soon as the away end was clear.
I was thinking the same......

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Hopefully this thread won't descend into the farce of the 'Stadium Works' thread.
Well that lasted less than 24 hours !

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Nothing wrong with asking questions. I presume the expectation is that the works being done are expected to last well into the season. The work by the big bank entrance will have to be done by the start of the season but I guess the changing room can take longer because we have the existing ones. Not sure how long building changing rooms of this sort of type is normally expected to take? Four months seems a long time to me, but I'm not a builder.

Last edited:

Saint James

Thanks to the three of you for your helpful responses. Regards the demolition Pete any idea how long it takes for the basic structure to be taken down? Just thinking once we get to Autumn the pitch with heavy machinery across it doesn't seem like a great idea?