• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under Tisdale, Tagg and Perryman will we .

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
The fans are customers.. the trust shareholders.. the board are told by those shareholders to run the club!!
The fans run the trust, who in turn get the board to run the club, but not with impunity.

We've served notice on an ongoing two year deal, that's it. He and we, are welcome to negotiate a new contract at any point.

Tisdale or Julian for that matter are not bigger than the club and have to be held accountable. Google raci matrix for further assistance.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
It's good to see your posts and the perspective they bring, Lez. Rather hope, though, your van driving is better than your typing ... :)

geoffwp

Who could we 'ill afford to lose Tisdale' at that time? What do you honestly think would have happened?
Were you here at that time? Can you not remember it? Those years out in the non league void then suddenly we were back and heading up instead of dropping down. I remember well the concerns at that time that Tis would be poached away as there was plenty of interest in him from quite a few clubs. I can totally understand why, with that recent history at that time plus the massive psychological boost that returning to the league brought, there was a feeling that we needed to tie this manager in and make it difficult for those clubs who might see him as a ticket for success similar to that he had brought to our club.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
It's a shame no one thought to discuss this with Tisdale at the time. Given his loyalty or reluctance to manage elsewhere in hindsight I'm not sure that the rolling contract was ever needed.

geoffwp

Well hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Angus

The fans run the trust, who in turn get the board to run the club, but not with impunity.

We've served notice on an ongoing two year deal, that's it. He and we, are welcome to negotiate a new contract at any point.

Tisdale or Julian for that matter are not bigger than the club and have to be held accountable. Google raci matrix for further assistance.

I was thinking about this early. Tis has not been sacked he's just been given notice for his current contract conditions to be changed. As above, at any point he can be offered a new contract. That's not being sacked Lez so calm down, Tis isn't going anywhere any time soon. Unfortunately.

geoffwp

All except the last word that you got wrong.

Were you here at that time? Can you not remember it? Those years out in the non league void then suddenly we were back and heading up instead of dropping down. I remember well the concerns at that time that Tis would be poached away as there was plenty of interest in him from quite a few clubs. I can totally understand why, with that recent history at that time plus the massive psychological boost that returning to the league brought, there was a feeling that we needed to tie this manager in and make it difficult for those clubs who might see him as a ticket for success similar to that he had brought to our club.
Oh I was here alright. I do not disagree that it seemed good to tie Tisdale down a bit, my point which you chose to ignore was that phrases like 'ill afford to lose' and acting like he is/was a messiah is completely over the top.

He is a lower league football manager who at that time was doing a good job, why the fear about replacing him? There are plenty of other good lower league managers who could have stepped in.

It's the over the top hyperbole and this fear of losing him that gets me.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
It's good to see your posts and the perspective they bring, Lez. Rather hope, though, your van driving is better than your typing ... :)
Yep... unfortunately reading it back I was a bit of mess.. trying to ram my thoughts down in a quick rest break it didn't come across great..

PeteUSA

I was thinking about this early. Tis has not been sacked he's just been given notice for his current contract conditions to be changed. As above, at any point he can be offered a new contract. That's not being sacked Lez so calm down, Tis isn't going anywhere any time soon. Unfortunately.
There is an aspect of this quote that worries me. It says "he's just been given notice for his current contract"? While the national press were given the story of this intended move, and Tisdale commented on it himself; Was it advertised that the deed had in fact been done? I read quite a few posts back that once Tisdales contract adjustments had been made, the topic would not be discussed (by Tagg anyway) again. Do we have absolute proof that PT is serving 24 months notice?